You will join a dynamic fundraising team to assist with projects and activity to help achieve the annual targeted budget specifically through assisting their events programme. The role will support the Events Team in delivering high quality events, designed to both raise funds but also recruit individual and family supporters to the organisation. This role also forms part of the charity’s growth programme to recruit new supporters through new and existing methods as well as supporting the creation of new fundraising events and partnerships.
Fundraising Assistant Responsibilities:
- Based in Head Office Liverpool but working on projects across Liverpool and outside the North West.
- Manage all aspects of Spring Trail and Santa Sing-along taking full responsibility for both events which are Liverpool based family events.
- To research potential venues, suppliers, sponsors and participants.
- To assist in arranging meetings, building relationships and selling event concepts and involvement opportunities to prospective individuals and companies.
- Dealing with supporter and supplier enquiries and providing excellent customer service and administration.
- Events support and assistance, and attendance at all times including out of hours work.
- Adhere to the highest standards of fundraising best practice as set out in the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Practice.
Fundraising Assistant Requirements:
- Numerate and literate, preferably educated to at least A level standard.
- Knowledge of the principles of good donor management or customer care.
- Understands principles of relationship building.
- Experience of working in events in a paid capacity.
- Experience of working with volunteers and / or community groups.
- Ability to write copy for presentation documents, letters and website use.
- Driving licence.
- Able to work evenings and weekends and required.
About our client:
Our client is the only UK charity solely dedicated to lung cancer.
Every year, over 46,000 people in the UK are diagnosed with lung cancer. It is the UK’s biggest cancer killer – killing more people than breast, prostate and pancreatic cancer combined.
For the last 30 years, our client has supported those living with this awful disease as well as funding vital research into early detection, so people have the best chance to survive.
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside L3 9LQ
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 34 hours per week
Salary: £14,000 to £18,000 per annum
You may have experience of the following: Events Fundraising Officer, Events Fundraising Assistant, Fundraising Coordinator, Charities, Not for Profit, Fundraiser, Marketing, Business Development, Donor Management, Third Sector, Fundraising Assistant, etc.