Head of Communications – External Affairs
Our client is a place where people make a difference to clients, feel valued and are supported. They have a strong sense of social responsibility, and their values, respect, empowerment, responsibility and excellence, guide everything we do.
They believe that everyone should be able to live independent and fulfilling lives. They provide housing, support and care for many socially excluded people across Surrey, in parts of Berkshire, West Sussex and the London Borough of Sutton.
Position: Head of External Affairs and Communications
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7NA
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000 per annum plus benefits
Benefits: Defined contribution pension scheme, 28 days annual leave per annum, plus bank holiday, the opportunity to buy or sell up to five days annual leave per holiday year, Staff loan scheme.
About the role:
You will lead the new external affairs and communications function working closely with the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team, pivotal in driving our agenda to promote the value of our work and what we do.
- Be able to develop and implement strategies that best promote their work and influences key decision makers, commissioners, partners and stakeholders at national and local levels.
- Excellent and responsive external and internal communications and engagement service should be second nature to you.
- Extensive communications experience including a track record of successfully shaping and implementing communications and external affairs strategy.
- Proven ability to make a demonstrable impact on brand awareness.
- Excellent copywriting and analytical skills with the ability to present information and draft quickly in a variety of styles for a range of audiences.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationship with a range of stakeholders.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent organisational and planning skills with an agile and flexible approach.
- A flexible team player who enjoys working collaboratively and at all levels to effect change.
You may have experience of the following: Head of Communications, Communication Strategy, Campaign Management, PR, Public Relations, Communications Manager, Personal Assistant, Executive Assistant, Marketing Coordinator, Project Coordinator, Charity, Third Sector, Not for Profit, etc. etc.