Support Worker - Stockport
Join Care in Mind – A Unique and Innovative Approach to Supporting Young People in Care.
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or secure children’s homes. The young people we care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation.
Position: Support Worker
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week plus 1 sleep in per week; Part Time - 30 hours per week; Early Shift- 7.00am- 3.30pm, Late Shift – 2.00pm-10.30pm, Sleep ins – 11.00pm-7am
Salary: £17,550 per annum (£9 per hour)
Benefits: 22-27 holidays per year (plus bank holidays), Free training and professional development programme, Paid induction, training and enhanced DBS check, Company Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Free onsite parking
Closing date for applications: 21st September, 2019
About the role:
Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult life.
As part of our continued growth we are now looking to recruit within our home in Stockport.
- To act as a member of the team and assist the management staff in giving the highest standard of care possible to all the young people, closely following individual care plans and programmes.
- To take individual / group responsibility in ensuring the running of the home to its highest possible standard.
- To develop skills in order that the young people’s individual health / social development needs are met.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of the issues young people face.
- Able to work shifts within a 24/7 day per week rota.
- To have a clean driving licence and access to a car.
We have full time and part time opportunities available.
Care in Mind provides care 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. All roles will involve some weekend working.
If you have a passion and commitment to work with young people and make a difference to their lives please apply now for a link to our online application pack.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community. As an employer we are also committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff.
We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP, etc.