You will join our client as a Support Worker providing care 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Act as a member of the team and assist the management staff in giving the highest standard of care possible to all the young people, closely following individual care plans and programmes.
- Take individual/group responsibility in ensuring the running of the home to its highest possible standard.
- Develop skills in order that the young people’s individual health/social development needs are met.
Support Worker Requirements:
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of the issues young people face
- Able to work shifts within a 24/7 day per week rota
- Have a clean driving licence and access to a car
About Our Client:
Our client provides residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or secure children’s homes. The young people they care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation.
Our client has full time and part time opportunities available.
Our client operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Our client reserves the right to bring forward their closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest.
Location: Stockport, SK3 0UX
Hours: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £17,550 per year
Benefits: 22-27 holidays per year (plus bank holidays), Free training and professional development programme, Paid induction, training and enhanced DBS check, Company Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Free onsite parking, Life Assurance.
Closing Date: 26th October 2019
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Community Support Worker, Disability, Disabilities, Care Staff, Charity, Charities, Not for Profit, NFP, Third Sector, etc.