You will join our client as a Support Worker to work as part of a team in a residential home to support 4 / 5 young people in care.
Support Worker Responsibilities:
- You will follow individual care plans for the young people with the aim to help them move onto independent living in the future.
- You will support with their therapy, plan social and leisure activities, give medication and complete associated paperwork.
- You will be supported by a multi-disciplinary team including Nurses, Psychologists and Psychiatrists to ensure our clients achieve the best possible outcomes for young people.
Support Worker Requirements:
- You should be IT literate as there is a requirement to update online care records.
- You must also thrive in a team environment and be flexible with the ability to work a 7 day rota, completing early and late shift patterns alongside 1 sleep ins (usually 1 per week) for which an additional payment is made.
- Having a driving licence is not essential but it is beneficial to help transport young people to appointments and activities.
Our client operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community. As an employer they are also committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all staff.
Our client reserves the right to bring forward the closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest.
About Our Client:
Our client provides residential services for young people and young adults aged 16-30 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or secure children’s homes. Their aim is to support the young people using an innovative therapeutic approach and least restrictive practice to enable them to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult life. Our client's “no restraint” policy allows for more respectful and thoughtful relationships with young people and avoids traumatisation and consequent escalations in risk.
Location: Warrington WA1
Job type: Full and Part time opportunities available, 37.5 hours per week (Flexible working considered)
Salary: £18,603-£20,344.82 per annum (£9.54-£10.43 per hour) dependent on experience.
Benefits: 28 days holiday including bank holidays rising to 35 days with increased years service, Paid 2 week full induction before you start, Opportunity to complete your Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker qualification, Excellent career progression, Paid enhanced DBS check, Enhanced Company Pension Scheme, 24 hr Employee Assistance Programme and counselling, Free onsite parking, Life Assurance, Online discounts, Refer a friend scheme where our client pays £500 for every friend you refer, Annual paid Summer and Christmas parties, Length of service awards.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 10th November, 2019
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Community Support Worker, Disability, Disabilities, Care Staff, Charity, Charities, Not for Profit, NFP, Third Sector, etc.