Waking Night Support Worker
Join our client – A Unique and Innovative Approach to Supporting Young People in Care.
They provide residential services for young people aged 16-25 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or secure children’s homes. The young people they care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation.
Position: Waking Night Support Worker
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 38.5 hours per week, Night Shift - 8.30pm-7.30am
Salary: £19,019 per annum (£9.50 per hour includes an unsociable hour’s payment of 50p per hour)
Benefits: 22-27 holidays per year (plus bank holidays), Free training and professional development programme, Paid induction, training and enhanced DBS check, Company Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Free onsite parking
Closing date for applications: 28th September, 2019
About the role:
Our client's aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for the transition to adult life.
As part of their continued growth they are now looking to recruit for their new home in Huddersfield opening Autumn 2019.
- To act as a member of the team and assist the management staff in giving the highest standard of care possible to all the young people, closely following individual care plans and programmes.
- To take individual / group responsibility in ensuring the running of the home to its highest possible standard.
- To develop skills in order that the young people’s individual health / social development needs are met.
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of the issues young people face.
- Able to work evening shifts.
Our client provides care 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. All roles will involve some weekend working.
If you have a passion and commitment to work with young people and make a difference to their lives please click to apply for a link to their online application form.
Our client operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process, the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
They are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
As an employer they are also committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all their staff.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Healthcare Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Community Support Worker, Disability, Disabilities, Care Staff, Charity, Charities, Not for Profit, NFP, Third Sector, etc.