Do you want to make a difference? Are you passionate about improving the lives of young people? If so, then this could be the opportunity for you!
Eczema Outreach Support is a UK wide charity supporting families struggling with the day-to-day challenges of having a child with eczema.
Please note: this opportunity is UK wide.
Position: Sessional Worker - School Workshops
Hours: Various; expecting to range from 2 to 8 hours per month during school term time
Line Manager: National Outreach Co-ordinator
Salary: £25 per workshop, plus travel expenses (£28 per workshop for London based workers)
Disclosure: This is regulated work and will require a police check (PVG)
Location: Various Location across the UK
Over the past few years we have offered a school workshop programme to our member families across Scotland. This has proved extremely successful and has helped to raise awareness of eczema in schools, build the confidence of children with eczema and reduce instances of bullying.
Earlier this year we piloted school workshops to our members in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The pilot was a great success and we are now in a position to launch our school workshop programme UK-wide.
We are looking to recruit sessional workers to deliver the school workshops across the UK. Sessional workers will be matched to schools within their travel areas to deliver workshops, following a standardised delivery model. Travel areas will be discussed on appointment. School workshops are around 1 hour in length; the salary reflects preparation and delivery time.
- Attend sessional worker trainer on 25th and 26th March in Edinburgh (expenses covered; travel, meals and accommodation)
- Attend and input to ongoing training opportunities
- School Workshop Preparation and Delivery
- Become familiar with the content and purpose of the school workshops
- Prepare any materials required for workshops
- Deliver school workshops
- Evaluation of Programme
- Support the evaluation of school workshops
- Take part in the review and evaluation of the overall programme
What you should send - There is no application form. Please provide:
- A CV explaining what your experience is. We are also interested in people’s life experience when it is relevant to the post, such as hobbies and roles you do on a voluntary basis.
- A covering letter explaining how you meet the person specifications and why you would like to work with us.
- The names and contact details of 2 people who will give you a reference. At least one referee should be from a previous employer or voluntary role. We will not contact anyone for a reference until after the interview stage.
Where to send applications
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23rd February 2020, midnight.
The interviews will be held via video link on the 4th and 5th of March
Knowledge and Qualities
Personable and of a friendly nature
Confident and approachable
Flexible in approach
Understands the organisation’s aims and values
Understands the challenges created by chronic conditions, especially eczema
Able to communicate effectively with young children
Experience and Qualifications
Experience of delivering learning programmes
Can demonstrate previous experience of working with children
Excellent organisational skills
Ability to plan and manage own time
Excellent communication skills
Clear police check
Full driving licence with access to a car
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.