My client is currently looking for a couple of family support workers to join their team. This is a temporary role based in Avon at the rate of £13.00 Paye or £15.00 Umbrella.
The role will be approx 5 months, being a driver is preferable however you will need a DBS within last 12 months and must be available immediately.
This role will work within an integrated team within Domestic abuse services.
With your experience you will be working with families, in particular children and young people (CYP) aged 0 - 17 who may have experienced or witnessed domestic violence and abuse and are supported in Resettlement and Community services and accommodated within their Safe Houses.
- To provide a high quality service and co-ordinated package of on-going emotional and practical support to CYP who are suffering effects from the trauma of, or have experienced domestic abuse
- To provide personal welfare support to CYP and to ensure that families in the safe house are provided with a safe, supportive and welcoming environment and to maximize the family's safety when providing support in the community.
- To be responsible for co-ordinating and managing play and educational activities for children in the community and safehouses. This includes weekend and holiday activities.
- To work with children and young people to help them to become integrated into a new or existing community or safehouse, including getting children placed in schools/nurseries and registered with doctors.
- To develop positive, trusting relationships with CYP of all ages and work in a child focussed way.
To have a Think Family Approach by ensuring:
- CYP's voice is central to informing services
- Addresses safety, educational, health and emotional needs
- Supports them understand their experience
- Equips them with skills to recover and grow up to form positive, equal, safe relationships.
Champion service user empowerment and involvement of CYP by ensuring our services:
- Are accessible to all potential service users;
- Value and respect service users as the experts of their experience;
- Work in strength-based and solution-focused ways with clients;
- Facilitate agreed actions into practice; and
- Use service user feedback and involvement to improve our service
- To liaise effectively and collaboratively with all appropriate agencies relating to CYP / family welfare.
Should you skills match the above please send through your updated CV
Your expert recruitment consultant is Danielle Taylor, call today on 0207 422 7371 or email [email protected] Eden Brown Synergy is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Synergy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.