I am working with a Further Education client based in Manchester who are looking for an experienced Head of Employee Relations.
The role is permanent, to start ASAP and offering a very attractive annual salary.
Responsible for facilitating excellent relationships with all colleagues through direct engagement and via Trade Unions, being the lead in formal negotiations, with the aim of building a positive, engaged and productive working environment.
* Develop and implement an ER strategy, with a focus on developing a positive Employee Relations climate during complex and significant organisational changes that have the potential to alter and challenge the current status quo
* Make recommendations to and influence the Group's Executive Team and where appropriate Board of Governors, to challenge thinking and approach, to deliver our ER strategy as a progressive and dynamic organisation
* Accountable for the relationship and key negotiations with the recognised Trade Unions and other representative forums as appropriate, with a view to securing business performance, employee engagement and legal compliance, working with autonomy in leading and owning this relationship, with the support of key stakeholders including the Executive Team
* Lead in formal negotiations as well as consultative and informative meetings with recognised Trade Unions and colleagues, influencing decisions and being accountable for subsequent activity and change, and being the credible subject matter expert in these negotiations.
* Design and implement a Colleague Engagement Framework with the sole purpose of providing a channel(s) for colleagues to have their say, share ideas and feedback on strategic proposals and other business plans
* Extensive IR and ER experience in a highly unionised complex organisation, of leading and owning the relationship and effecting change
* Experience of acting with autonomy and owning outcomes
* Experience of implementing and managing a Colleague Engagement Framework
* Demonstrable experience working at a Senior HR Business Partner level, preferably within a Group Services environment with the ability to build relationships and be a proven influencer
* Proven experience of cross functional working
* Proven experience of managing change
* Proven experience of leading on projects
* Proven experience of developing and leading elements of a people strategy during continuous change
* Track record of delivering key initiatives within a challenging environment
* Demonstrable evidence of experience of continuous improvement
* Experience of working with the UCU - teachers union
Please only apply for this post if you have all the skills, knowledge and experience as mentioned above.
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer.