My client is an established housing provider based in Herefordshire looking to recruit an experienced Housing Support Worker. The successful candidate will have experience in working with young,vulnerable people helping them combat homelessness and allow them to live as independently as possible. The Housing Support Worker will support the young people to maintain their tenancies, budget and other life skills to help them overcome any barriers that may be keeping them from living a fulfilled life.
This is a full time role and there is the option for it to be an interim role or permanent for the right candidate. Working hours are 37 per week across 7 days as this service operates 365 days a year. The successful applicant will work on a shift pattern basis so flexibility is essential.
You will have an enhanced DBS check for this role and will drive with access to your own car. There will be some travel included for which you will receive mileage allowance.
As the Housing Support Worker you will be carrying out a range of duties including the following:
- Completing detailed support plans and risk assessments
- Acting as a key worker with individuals offering regular and tailored support to achieve support plan goals
- To deliver group sessions to increase life skills including cooking, budgeting, health and well being
- Working with external authorities and agencies to ensure the young people are supported holistically and to sign post them appropriately
- Offering tailored and specialist housing advice and helping young people maintain their tenancies in accordance with the policies of the provider
Of course there is a lot more to this exciting role and it would be ideal for a passionate housing professional who enjoys helping young and vulnerable people. The salary for this role is £20,407 per annum. If you wish to work in a contract then we can discuss an hourly rate based on your experience.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and experience with housing and advising young people, please send your CV to [email protected] or contact Haleema on 0121 685 8700 for a confidential chat.
Your expert recruitment consultant is Haleema Farid, call today on 0121 685 8711 or email [email protected] Eden Brown Synergy is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Synergy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.