We are currently recruiting for Personal Advisors to join the Leaving Care service in a West Yorkshire based authority. To apply for this role you must have previous experience in Leaving Care and be able to hit the ground running.
You will work directly with young people and their families to safeguard and promote their welfare. You will coordinate Pathway Planning duties to support care leavers in their successful transition to adult life.
- To support the implementation of children & young people's care and pathway plans
- To prepare young people for a successful transition to adulthood
- To support care leavers to move towards independence
- To promote children & young people's participation
Responsibilities of the role:
- Working in a diverse culture
- Working with cases such as Exploitation and Mental Health
- Visiting Looked After Children in Placement and maintain contact
- Providing practical and emotional support to children and young people, parents and carers
- Undertaking Life Story work
- Planning and implementing programmes of agreed work with children/young people and their carers
- Supporting reunification plans by working with parents to equip them with the necessary skills to promote child/young person's appropriate development.
- Contributing to assessments and reviews of the care or pathway plan
- Supporting the transition from school to college
- Giving unbiased and informed advice on matters such as education, training and accommodation
- Working with social workers and other professionals to assist in the preparation and updating of Pathway Plans
- Working with carers to ensure that young people develop good self care skills
- Promoting education, training and employment opportunities
- Liaising as required with Adult Social Care Services, Mental Health Services, Substance Misuse Services to ensure the young person is in receipt of relevant services. Also liaising if required with Probation Services to support the rehabilitation and resettlement of young people serving community services or coming out of custody
- Liaising with accommodation & housing providers to secure appropriate accommodation and tenancies as required
- Ensuring young people receive their entitlements and are aware of their opportunities
- Organising and delivering group work.
- Developing young people's social, leisure and learning opportunities and age appropriate skills.
- Supporting the Children in Care Council and Care Leavers' Forum
- Advocating with and on behalf of the children and their families
Don't forget...Eden Brown Synergy offers a £200 referral bonus for Social Workers. If this role isn't for you but you know someone suitable, ask them to get in touch. £200 could be on it's way to you! Your expert recruitment consultant is Rhys Berryman, call today on 0113 220 7540 or email [email protected] Eden Brown Synergy is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Synergy is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.