Job DescriptionMy client based in the East Midlands is looking for a Senior Housing Officer to work for the Council.
The Senior Housing Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the neighbourhoods team provide an effective and customer focused service to its customers in accordance with policies and procedures. Particular emphasis on improving income, community environments and engaging with local communities.
They will be responsible for:
3 Housing Officers, 1 Resident Involvement Officer, 1 Housing Assistant, 1 Administration Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To monitor the performance of staff and report regularly against set targets and objectives detailed in the SMART plan & Team Plan.
- To develop services that create tangible improvements in neighbourhoods.
- To improve resident involvement in the Housing service and participate in working groups.
- To maximise income through effective rent account monitoring and enforcement action.
- To ensure compliance with the Tenancy Agreement in accordance with the most recent legislation and good practice.
- To ensure incidents of neighbour nuisance, anti-social behaviour and racial harassment are investigated and appropriate action taken in liaison with other agencies and in line with the Housing Department ASB policy and the Corporate ASB policy.
- To develop and deliver arrears preventative measures and ensure that rent arrears are minimised in line with targets and policy. To provide regular rent collection reports for the Service Manager, noting trends and taking appropriate action to improve performance.
- To help identify and ensure that adequate training and support is given to all staff engaged in any aspect of housing management to enable them to satisfactorily undertake their duties. Be responsible for the induction of new staff.
Must have a DBS. This is a 3 months assignment with a view to extend.
If you are interested, please send your CV to [email protected] or call 0121 685 8700 for more information.
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer. For more opportunities, please visit www.edenbrownsynergy.com