Eden Brown is proud to be working with the University of Surrey to help them recruit two Advancement Managers based at their impressive Guildford campus. One role will be based in their Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences with the other role in their Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
The Advancement Managers will develop, lead and implement a fundraising strategy to secure new connections, funds and partnerships for the Faculties and the University of Surrey. You will draw on specialist expertise and skills in order to provide strategic advice and leadership on developing and identifying fundraising and new business opportunities. You will also act as a key relationship manager for individual donors, companies and trusts and foundations with a view to leading them towards providing support for agreed projects within the Faculty and the University as well as establishing, building and maintaining strong working relationships with the Faculty's academics and leadership to ensure fundraising success and work closely with the Faculty and Advancement to support engagement.
- Develop, lead and implement a fundraising strategy and campaign to secure new funds for the departments within the Faculty aligned to their funding priorities.
- Identify, research and cultivate potential/current donors and prospects, seeking to identify areas of shared interests held with the University. Develop pathways of interest, participation and involvement that lead to tangible support for the departments of the Faculty and its associated Centres principally through philanthropy.
- Develop individual solicitation strategies for major prospects and, where appropriate, to ask prospects for gifts and to support academic colleagues and volunteers in this process.
- Manage the Faculty's relationship with a portfolio of donors including leading executives, business figures, companies, other individuals and family and non-family charitable trusts, with a known or potential strong interest in Science and engineering teaching, research and programmes or Social Sciences teaching, research and programmes.
- Have primary responsibility for philanthropic activities and enquiries within the Faculty.
- Work closely with senior academic and Advancement colleagues, to identify emerging priorities and projects, prepare powerful case statements and to develop, commission and edit appropriate proposals, publications and materials aimed at relevant donor audiences.
We are looking for someone with significant major gifts fundraising experience or experience in a marketing/sales environment with proven success in securing gifts or sponsorship in the UK and/or internationally. An understanding of the Social Sciences and the major sources of philanthropic funding (individual, trust and corporate sectors) is essential as is an interest in and passion for Science and Engineering or Social Sciences, higher education and an understanding of the University of Surrey, its mission and its need for external funding.
These are both massively exciting roles working in a hugely experienced and supportive team. If you would like to apply send your CV to Tony Williams at [email protected] or call Tony for more information on 020 3017 5014.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.