The Institute of Fundraising is looking to hire a Data Analyst for their South East and London Committee. Please note: this is a voluntary, unpaid role.
The Institute of Fundraising is the professional membership body for UK fundraising. We support fundraisers through leadership and representation best practice and compliance education and networking and we champion and promote fundraising as a career choice. We have over 600 organisational members who raise more than £10 billion in income for good causes every year, and over 6,000 individual members.
The South East and London Committee is a group of volunteers who come together to support fundraisers in the South East and London. We provide a forum for fundraisers to meet other fundraisers in the sector, share information and advice, and offer training and talks, presented by leading specialists.
The Data Analyst is a newly created and key role. You will be responsible for helping the South East and London Committee to monitor the services we deliver to our members by analysing feedback and trends, and helping to shape our response accordingly. We have a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. If there is anything that we need to adapt about this role to make it more inclusive, please do let us know.
We expect this role to take an average of 4-5 hours a month, however additional hours may be necessary from time to time. We hold a Committee meeting every other month. These meetings are always held in an accessible venue in central London, which is close to bus stops and an accessible underground station. The meetings are always on a Tuesday evening from 6-8pm. Free food and drink is provided at meetings. We can reimburse you for the cost of your travel to and from meetings and any childcare arrangements that are necessary. Young babies are welcome to attend the meeting if this makes it easier for you.
- Work closely with the Heads of Training, Mentoring, First Thursday and Marketing to ensure that effectively structured post event surveys are sent out in a timely manner
- Analyse survey responses and produce brief reports for each activity area, keeping the Committee updated
- Work closely with Head Office re: gathering data
- Review data on Eventbrite or equivalent and identify trends
- Monitor question responses and information needs of Committee and adjust surveys accordingly
- Assist with CRM to identify any opportunities to cross sell
- Advise on strategic direction for the Committee based on feedback from our members
- Compile overall report on attendance and trends for our AGM in September
- A team player who enjoys working collaboratively
- Experience in the fundraising/marketing/voluntary sector
- Keen for experience, responsibility and accountability in a key voluntary Committee role
- Willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort
- Ability to communicate via email
- Ability to turn raw data into user-friendly reports
- Strong attention to detail
- IT skills
- Able to be flexible to suit the needs of the Committee
- Reliable and trustworthy
Please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by 16 March.
If you are shortlisted, interviews will be conducted in London on 24 March.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.