Eden Brown is pleased to be working with a fantastic health charity in London and we are looking for an exceptional Director of Fundraising and Communications to join their successful and growing fundraising team to lead on the next phase of their growth plan, providing strategic leadership, superlative relationship management, creativity and ambition to their fundraising and communications function.
The Director of Fundraising and Communications will work closely with the Chief Executive to help grow income across all fundraising streams and deliver on our engagement objectives through a targeted communications strategy.
Key duties include:
- Support and lead a talented and motivated fundraising and communications team, maintaining morale, focus and strategic direction to achieve business plans and budget and lay the foundations for growth in future years.
- Ensure the team is involved in cross-organisational projects and that fundraising and communications are joined-up and well-integrated with the wider organisation.
- Provide 1-2-1 and line management support to the Fundraising Senior Management Team (four direct line reports) and the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Ensure that targets are achieved or exceeded across income streams. Fundraising annual target for 2021/22 is £1.3m, with targeted growth to £2.5m by 2024/25.
- Remain entrepreneurial and creative to take advantage of new opportunities to broaden out the funding base.
- Help drive forward and maintain progress on the Centenary Appeal (2021/22).
- Develop and deliver an integrated communications strategy which delivers charitable objectives.
- Work with the Director of Grants and Impact to deliver campaigns and advocacy work which compliments and enhances the impact of our grant making programmes, including policy and advocacy work.
- Work with the Director of Retail to deliver a strategy which drives sales and stock donations, and also utilises the high street "shop front" of the charity to deliver key messages about eye health and sight loss awareness.
- Manage the Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and deliver against clear communications KPIs.
We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience as an exceptional senior leader, with the ability to recruit, retain and motivate excellent fundraisers to deliver ambitious income targets, excellent track record of personally securing significant gifts or partnerships from Individuals, Trusts and Companies, experience of overseeing a multi-income stream fundraising department - spanning areas such as individual giving, legacies and high value fundraising and an understanding of effective communications campaigns, and how to manage a high quality communications function which delivers on brand, digital, production, PR and campaigns.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.