The South East and London Committee of the Institute of Fundraising is looking to appoint an EDI Advisor to their Committee.
The South East and London Committee is a constituted group of volunteers who come together to support fundraisers in the South East and London. They provide a forum for fundraisers to meet other fundraisers in the sector, share information and advice, and offer training and talks, presented by leading specialists.
As a Committee, they take collective responsibility for the outputs and outcomes of their work. Each member of the Committee has a unique responsibility; some take leadership roles, others prefer support roles, but each Committee member has equal levels of authority when they make decisions. All of their decisions are made democratically therefore it is vital that anyone who joins the Committee is able to take ownership for their role whilst working supportively and collaboratively with the rest of the group.
The EDI Champion is a newly created and key volunteer role. They will be responsible for helping the South East and London Committee to plan, support and enable a coordinated approach to embedding EDI in all areas of their delivery across the region.
The IoF expect this role to take an average of 4-5 hours a month, however additional hours may be necessary from time to time. They hold a Committee meeting every other month. These meetings are always held in an accessible venue in central London, which is close to bus stops and an accessible underground station. The meetings are always on a Tuesday evening from 6-8pm. Free food and drink is provided at meetings. They can reimburse you for the cost of your travel to and from meetings and any childcare arrangements that are necessary. Young babies are welcome to attend the meeting if this makes it easier for you.
- Liaise with Head Office and feed into overall EDI strategy to achieve greater diversity in the fundraising profession, and to ensure that the Committee are kept updated with latest developments
- Work closely with the Heads of Training, Events and Mentoring to ensure that all our activities support and encourage inclusion and diversity
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing (and Marketing Leads) to advise on both messaging and promotion destination to ensure we are reaching all communities
- Highlight anything the Committee may do that is inadvertently bias, prejudice or discriminatory
- Assist the Committee to meet targets on diversity set by Head Office
- A team player who enjoys working collaboratively
- Experience in the fundraising/marketing/voluntary sector
- Experience or understanding of delivering systemic change within a profession
- Experience or understanding of improving accessibility and inclusivity of events, training and professional guidance
- Keen for experience, responsibility and accountability in a key voluntary Committee role
- Willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort
To apply for this role please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by Friday 3rd January 2019. In your cover letter please explain why you want this role, what you think you could contribute, and what support you think you may need in order to be the best you can be in this role.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.