Eden Brown is partnering with a large high profile children's charity on the exciting Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion vacancy. This is a home-based role anywhere in the United Kingdom.
This role will be responsible for driving forward the charity's ambitious agenda to be exemplar in their approach to equality, diversity and inclusion and will have overall strategic responsibility and sustainability for the delivery of the EDI Action Plan aligned to their Corporate Strategy.
The Head of EDI will be the strategic subject matter expert working collaboratively with the CEO and senior leaders across the charity to embed EDI to be at the heart of every agenda, as well as expanding their external presence as a sector leading charity. You will serve as strategic thought partner and advisor to senior leaders in the Regions and Nations and functional departments to support efforts, and capabilities of colleagues to be EDI champions, to develop a more inclusive culture and embed EDI practices sustainably.
Key responsibilities include:
- Take the strategic lead on ensuring that the EDI Action Plan is delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholder to deliver to their commitment to become an anti-racist organisation.
- Engage with all Directors on a quarterly basis to monitor implementation of context of the EDI Checklist for Directors and progress on EDI Action Plan priorities.
- Evaluate and track the key performance indicators through which the charity will be able to judge the success of its EDI Action Plan and report to the CEDI Board.
- Engage and influence policy analysis, best practice reports and exemplars, connecting the Corporate Leadership Group members with the latest policy thinking around EDI, preparing briefings for members on key issues concerning EDI.
- Provide strategic EDI thought advice to senior managers across the organisation and support them to embed EDI practice.
- Support senior leaders to role model inclusive leadership behaviours
- Support the Chair of the CEDI Board in the running of and the development of CEDIB.
- Work with Brand, Marketing and Communication teams to build the charity's reputation as a leading charity on equality and diversity.
- Work with Development and Innovation and Children's Service Operations to ensure best practice in EDI is reflected in our models, products and services.
- Work with the EDI Team and others to develop key organisational initiatives, i.e. employee surveys & listening initiatives, Safeguarding training, and benchmark awards.
- Anticipate and keep up to date with current thought pieces, social, ethical and political movements, trends, legislation and policy in the E&D field, including maintaining an up to date knowledge of E&D policy and practice including developing relevant external networks
- Take responsibility for sharing best practice on equality and diversity within the organisation.
We are looking for someone with the following experience:
- Working at a strategic level, developing the strategy, policy to deliver the EDI agenda.
- Considerable experience in delivering, planning and championing the effective utilisation of E&D programmes, including interdependencies with digital and learning and development.
- Evidence of the successful leadership of development and implementation of cultural change to drive organisational performance.
- Experience of advising at CEO/Senior Leader level.
- Significant experience of internal and external collaborative working.
- Evidence of personal impact both operationally and strategically.
- Communicating effectively in writing compelling policy, plans and communications to tailor to the audience receiving them, in plain speak.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.