Interim Communications Manager - international human rights charity in London
Salary: £35,116 - £37,900
Terms: 7 months fixed term. Full time or part time considered. Flexible working offered.
Closing date: ASAP
Eden Brown is proud to be working with an amazing London-based human rights organisation on their Interim Communications Manager vacancy. Reporting into the Head of Fundraising and Communications, the Communications Manager is responsible for maintaining the charity's brand and media presence during this time of change as well as overseeing their increasingly successful digital presence.
You will be part of a team of people leading improvements across the organisation on engaging with people who support, donate, campaign, design policy and influence others. This work will involve continuing the charity's work on framing, aligning policy and communications work and supporting the design of robust systems to takes their Communications into a new ambitious strategic period.
This is an exciting period of change and growth and the charity's Communications work is central to this, so we are looking for someone with the creativity to help guide their work while steadily managing the day to day communications work.
The key elements of the role are as follows:
* Working across the charity's programmes and policy colleagues, plan and deliver high impact media outcomes, research and report launches in order to further advocacy and fundraising goals.
* Identifying with colleagues and partners, proactive media opportunities and working to secure coverage that meets objectives.
* Manage the busy press office, responding to media enquiries and ensuring that the organisation is raising its profile to deliver it's key objectives.
* With support from colleagues, oversee the website and digital channels and oversee the recruitment of a Digital Officer role.
* Leading the improvement of systems and processes that enable them to ensure it's communications activities are run efficiently and are focused on high value activity.
* With the Head of Fundraising and Communications advise and contribute to the development of the new Communications strategy 2020-2025.
* Monitoring media activity, producing regular internal media reports and supporting the organisation to spot and respond to opportunities to secure related coverage
* With support from the Executive team, and in consultation with marketing colleagues, coordinating, managing and improving their social media activity and engagements.
* Guide and oversee the delivery of their twice-yearly supporter magazines, Annual Review and Impact Report 2020 with the support of colleagues and freelance support where needed.
* Ensure the expert delivery of research reports and briefing papers that inform decision makers and support advocacy and policy outcomes.
* Support with reputation and crisis management if required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Several years of senior level communications and media experience
* A track record of an analytical approach to delivering effective results through media and social media activity
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills - with the ability to make complex information accessible, inspiring and engaging for different audiences
* An ability to grasp a policy position quickly, often in a fast pace, rapidly moving environment, and provide relevant communications provisions to support that position
* Excellent relationship management skills - with experience of working with multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver results
* The ability to plan and prioritise multiple demands on time and resources
* A passion for storytelling and inspiring people to be part of a movement for change
* Some experience of recruiting and managing volunteers or staff
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.