Eden Brown is working with an amazing children's charity in Central London on their hugely exciting Media Manager vacancy. The Media Manager will support the development of their media and PR strategy and will raise awareness of the superb work they do and to keep the charity and cause firmly in the news agenda.
Key duties include:
- Proactively cultivate new, and nurture existing contacts across national and regional media, specialist sector press and broadcast and online media
- Identify issues with high media value and package them creatively for sell in
- Develop a list of media spokespeople including young beneficiaries, families, fundraisers and colleagues
- Share high profile media coverage across the organisation and work with the Digital Manager to ensure media opportunities are capitalised on across communications platforms such as social media, email marketing and the news section of the charity's website
- Manage and maintain the charity's reputation and brand integrity in the media in the event of any press or public intrusion (e.g. on social media) and ensure an effective response at all times
- Oversee the day to day running of the press office function, fielding media enquiries and writing and selling in press releases to secure coverage of the charity's work and the support they receive from their funders
We are looking for someone with proven experience of working in a PR and/ or marketing role, either in an agency or in house, experience of working on national or local campaigns, experience of developing media relationships as well as experience of managing external suppliers, including design agencies.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.