Eden Brown is proud to be partnering with a fantastic children's charity in London on their New Business Manager vacancy. This is a 6 month maternity cover contract and whilst they are London based they will consider flexibility for home working.
The New Business Manager you will work closely with the Head of Corporate Partnerships, to identify, create and secure new strategic, multi-year corporate partnerships. You will take the lead in delivering their New Business strategy as well as work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to pull together and deliver compelling proposals and pitches. You will also be the owner of key New Business processes such as pipeline management, income forecasting and reporting, and work with the wider Fundraising team on engagement and cultivation events.
Key to this role is the ability to work independently: driving your prospect pool, building your networks and your profile, but also the ability to work well with other colleagues internally, and quickly establish strong relationships with prospects. Strategic thinking is also key, applying creativity and fundraising expertise to partnership development to make the most of prospective partners and generate sustained income growth.
Key duties include:
- Manage a pool of prospects, identifying, cultivating and securing new corporate partnerships through prospect research, networking and relationship development
- Understand the charity's restricted and unrestricted funding needs, including their Gift in Kind requirements, building your pipeline to meet these needs
- Work with prospect researcher to brief corporate research needs
- Use multiple new business tactics to secure meetings with prospects, for example cold calling, emailing, event networking and social selling on platforms like LinkedIn
- Develop and deliver creative and compelling new business propositions aligned to the prospect's strategic interests
- Deliver engaging and tailored pitches and proposals to prospective partners
We are looking for someone with the following experience:
- Good working knowledge of new business cultivation process (from identifying to securing new partners) and development of corporate partnerships through experience gained in charity or corporate sector. Also, good working knowledge of CSR/ESG drivers and how to create mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Ideally, track record of securing six-figure, multi-year partnerships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, both internally and externally, and at differing levels of seniority.
- First-rate presentation and pitching skills.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.