COMMUNICATIONS AND FUNDING ADMINISTRATOR *Cover letter is mandatory to apply*
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for the administration processes and support for EDT’s communication and funding function.
We are seeking a Communications and Funding Administrator, to support the transformation and the future growth of the charity and help achieve our vision of a society where young people across the UK have equal access to engage with STE(A)M subjects and achieve their potential in STEM careers and opportunities for further study.
EDT is a national education charity with over 30 years' experience supporting young people to develop STEM (science, technology, engineering & maths) & employability skills through the Industrial Cadets accreditation and our industry-linked range of experiences, projects and placements.
Our mission is to:
- Inspire young people into STEM careers by linking curricular learning with real-life STEM careers/role-models/applications
- Take young people on a journey through various STEM sectors showing pathways towards their desired careers (apprenticeships, college, university)
- Bridge the widening social divide by employing mixed methods of delivery (face to face/virtual; hands-on/theoretical; modular/self-guided) to engage a wide range of young people’s interests and abilities
- Provide the link between industry knowledge and school curricula, supporting schools to equip young people with employability skills, and enabling employers to invest in future talent.
Young people are at the heart of what we do, and we pride ourselves in helping them develop invaluable personal and interpersonal skills that will equip them to fulfil their potential and make informed decisions about their future.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reporting to Marketing and Communications Manager
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTABILITY: None
LOCATION: Open to location
- Improve, establish, and coordinate operational processes to integrate communications and funding, and support day to day operations
- Refine and develop CRM processes, dashboards, and accurate communication and funding reporting working across the organisation
- Provide support and process development to assist with prospecting, pipeline management and facilitating new opportunities
- Liaise internally to ensure complimentary administration processes across EDT
- Co-ordinate and streamline communications and fundraising administration to improve stakeholder communications
- Data entry into the CRM system
- Ensure documentation and quality of correspondence is in line with EDT standards
- Support the team in meetings, events and facilitating opportunities
- Assist with marketing and fundraising events
- Support research and reports, stakeholder consultation and analysis of data including funding and communication trends
- Manage external enquiries, being first point of contact relating to communications and funding
- Distribute communications including direct mail for small trusts, profile/fundraising events, stakeholder communications, newsletters, campaigns
- Provide support for all digital communications including website, social media and digital platforms
- Gather content for, and develop alumni stories and case studies
- Provide communication support for HRH Ambassadors, creating packs and information to help ambassadors and other champions of EDT promote our cause
- Provide support for use of technology platforms adopted for stakeholder communications and delivery
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the full range of EDT programmes, activities and accreditations
- Participate in team meetings and activities
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably required
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships between EDT and external organisations and ensure that stakeholder expectations are exceeded whenever possible
- Act as an ambassador for EDT to promote positive and effective public relations within the community
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Data analysis skills and competent use of databases preferred
- High-quality written communications across a wide range of platforms
- Ability to manage multiple workload streams
- Excellent customer service
- Team player: Ability to work co-operatively and confidently with colleagues and other stakeholders
- Professional, self motivated, pro-active and able to work independently with excellent self-management skills
- Great attention to detail
- Positive and resilient attitude, adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work to deadlines, plan workload and demonstrate effective time management
- Use of Microsoft Teams, Office 365, Mailchimp, Microsoft Dynamics CRM advantageous
- 5 GCSE’s A-C including Maths and English (or equivalent)
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil an enhanced DBS/PVB check
We operate nationwide and therefore are open to applicants from all parts of the UK who are willing to and able to work from home.
Applying for the role
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and covering letter outlining why you are the best candidate for this role by 30th September 2020.
Due to the volume of applications, please be aware that if you do not hear back within two weeks of the closing date, sadly you have not been successful on this occasion.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.