Main function of the role:
To support the Head of Experience Days in planning, coordinating and expanding EDT’s STEM day programme - ‘First Edition’ and ‘STEM Family Challenge’, as well as contributing towards the development of the programme within the whole of the EDT and its educational schemes.
First Edition – provide ‘hands on’ activity days and visits to schools, colleges, companies and universities raising awareness of courses and careers in STEM for primary and secondary students across the UK.
STEM Family Challenge – raises awareness of STEM careers/ courses through an evening event in which representatives from industry and higher education attend and where families can take part in a fun ‘hands on’ STEM activity.
The Programme Coordinator will support the Head of Experience Days with the growth of the programme through identifying local sources of funding to apply for, develop and maintain existing and new relationships with schools, universities and companies and assist in increasing the number of Experience Day events and locations taking place each year.
Main duties and responsibilities:
This is a senior administration/project role, engaging the interest of teachers, parents, students and university staff – education, recruitment and widening participation staff in particular – and encouraging them to take part in the Experience Day programme to increase the number of student participants and the number of events and also where there are opportunities, to encourage participation in EDT’s other schemes.
The role will support the Head of Experience Days in the strategy and development of the programme.
The role will include:
- establish, develop, maintain and manage relationships with teachers and university staff
- building relationships with funders/sponsors, and applying for funding
- project based work to help ensure delivery of the Experience Day strategy
- preparing mailing lists and sending invites and confirmations to schools
- attending, representing and promoting EDT at some events
- Managing all operational and logistic requirements for the events, ensuring all relevant information is collected and passed onto participants
- Line Management of the Programme Administrator.
- Lead contact for all freelance delivery staff
- Lead for the CRM Processes for the Experience Days programme
Preferred person specification:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal and written correspondence)
- Strong customer facing management skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organisation skills
- Self management and prioritisation of workload
- To have a flexible approach to work and show enthusiasm with a genuine commitment to the programme
- Experience of managing a heavy personal workload
- IT skills on email, Microsoft Excel and Word are essential.
- A proven track record of successful relationship management
A background or knowledge in events management and of educational establishments with customer facing experience will be beneficial.
Web Content Management and CRM database experience desirable.
Preferred person specification:
- An empathy with the Trust’s aims and objectives and being able to show an understanding of diversity and equal opportunities
- An ability to communicate professionally with excellent verbal, non-verbal and written correspondence with strong interpersonal skills
- A self starter, who is motivated, has ideas and uses initiative and common sense
- Excellent presentation skills
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritising work and meeting deadlines
- A flexible approach to work with enthusiasm and passion as well as a genuine commitment to the programme
- Excellent customer facing management skills
- A full clean driving licence is essential
The post holder will be required to attend meetings and events and to travel off-site, possibly involving some overnight stays and will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil an enhanced CRB check, now the DBS (Disclosure Barring Service)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.