The focus of the job is to provide administrative support to the Schools Programmes team in EDT’s Midlands region, which consists of approximately 6 people based in either Nottingham or Birmingham
REPORTS TO: Head of Midlands and Experience Days
HOURS: Part Time – 22.5 hours a week
SALARY BAND: £10,000 Part Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an overview, the Schools Programmes team organises interactions between young people and employers designed to promote careers that use the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and maths). These interactions can last anything from a day to several months. Our programmes often start or end with launch or celebration events held in schools, universities or companies.
This job is varied and involves contact with people within EDT and also externally, particularly in the schools and companies we work with. Some examples of the type of work involved are:
- Helping to organise events in a range of different venues, ranging in size from a few people attending to major events involving hundreds of people
- Responding to enquiries via telephone, email or face to face
- Producing documentation, information packs, certificates etc. for major events
- Ensuring our CRM database is maintained and used fully
- Helping with the general running of the office e.g. mail, stationery, general upkeep
These are the main requirements for this role, which candidates must have:
- Can work confidently with a range of people e.g. students, teachers, employers and EDT colleagues to build effective relationships
- Can produce clear and concise written communications e.g. emails, reports, brochures
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working on computerised record systems and be familiar with Microsoft Office
- Able to plan their own work effectively, to meet deadlines and targets without close day to day supervision
- Comfortable working in a team, with members based in different locations in the region
- Must have a flexible approach to work and be able to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Must be able to identify problems and suggest ways to improve the way we work
In addition, having an appreciation of the current issues facing employers and schools would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil an enhanced DBS check, hold a current driving licence and have access to their own transport.
The post holder will be required to attend meetings and to travel off-site occasionally, possibly involving over-night stays, and may be required to work very occasional weekends.
PLEASE NOTE INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD IN NOTTINGHAM ON FRIDAY 5 JULY.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.