Job Title: Inspiring Governance Programmes Customer Services Administrator
Reports to: Head of Governance Programmes, Matching and Customer Services
Location: Quantum House, 22 – 24 Red Lion Court, Fleet Street, EC4A 3EB
Purpose: A great opportunity to take on the role within a team delivering government funded programmes. The Charity delivers two Governance recruitment programmes; one for the Department for Education and one for the Education and Training Foundation. Both programmes recruit skilled volunteers to become school governors through working with employers and professional networks and matching them to opportunities within schools and Further Education (FE) providers through an online technology platform.
This key post within the Inspiring Governance Matching and Customer Service Team is responsible for a range of tasks to support the successful day to day running of the service, supporting multi-school recruiters with successful registration and responding to enquiries, together with delivering various administrative tasks.
Remuneration: £20-22k (includes London allowance) per annum pro rata
Appointment Terms: Preferable immediate start. Contract to 31st August 2020 with possible option for extension
Working Hours: 0900 – 1700hrs with one hours lunch break
Additional Terms: 30 days paid holiday, pro-rata.
Application Process: CV and written statement addressing how the candidate meets the range of Personal Specification criteria – Applications will not be accepted without a minimum of the Essential Criteria being addressed
The role works within a friendly team providing day to day customer support for those looking to volunteer as a school governor and those looking to recruit volunteers as school governors. The appointed person will work closely with the Inspiring Governance Programmes Project Coordinator and the Head of Governance Programmes, Matching and Customer Service (who will provide overall direction for this area of work).
In the role you will be expected to:
Deliver a range of customer care processes that support recruiters on a day to day basis, including ensuring that they are registered correctly and responding to any enquiries they may have. This will include large volumes of emails and telephone enquiries and on occasions liaising with V.I.P Volunteers, helping them find a suitable governor position matching their skills and experience to the needs of the Recruiters. This role will have a particular focus on completing daily tasks to support Volunteers and Recruiters in the London and North East regions of England, helping schools to make matches in these areas. The role will also undertake other day to day governance programmes administrative tasks, enquiries and projects as appropriate and ensuring data is clean and up to date.
Day to Day Delivery of the Multi-School Recruitment Process
We work with contacts looking to recruit and appoint governors across a number of their schools or academies and call them ‘multi-school’ recruiters. This includes local authority contacts, clerks and multi-academy trusts.
- To undertake daily the processes that underpin the recruitment of governors for those recruiting for a number of Multi-Academy Trusts, Dioceses and Local Authorities.
- Working closely with the Inspiring Governance Programmes Coordinator and Head of Governance Programmes, Matching and Customer Care to support a variety of users recruiting governors for multiple schools;
- Responding to multi-school recruiter enquiries; this includes working with and, developing strong relationships with Local Authorities, Diocese’s and Multiple Academy Trusts in London and the North East of England
- Undertaking administrative tasks via the Salesforce CRM and ensuring all communication is logged onto Salesforce;
- Providing ongoing support to ensure the right volunteers are contacted and placed into schools in the North East of England and London
- Continually delivering customer care to Recruiters and Volunteers and supporting them with technical and operational queries
- Using customer care experience to build strong relationships with multi school recruiters; communicating effectively and efficiently (via phone, email), keeping them informed of progress, and supporting them with any difficulties they might be having;
- To communicate effectively and efficiently (via phone, email and in person where applicable) with the Inspiring Governance Regional team (five Regional Managers) who work daily with multi-school recruiters in their regions. This role will work particularly closely with the person undertaking the North East Regional Manager role
Day to day support for the school governor recruitment process
- Using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, undertake daily processes that underpin and enhance activity around the recruitment of governors. Activities include:
- Working closely with the Inspiring Governance Programmes Coordinator and Head of Governance Programmes, Matching and Customer Service to support a variety of users recruiting governors including Local Authorities, Dioceses and Multiple Academy Trusts in London and the North East of England
- Respond to Bespoke Matching requests from daily reports and creating strategies to support the recruitment of governors with focus on London and North East of England Regions
- Providing ongoing support to ensure the right volunteers are contacted and placed into schools
- Responding to Regional Enquiries creating new and better processes where appropriate
- Undertaking administrative tasks via the Salesforce CRM and ensuring all communication is logged onto Salesforce
- Continually delivering customer care to Recruiters and Volunteers and supporting them with technical and operational queries
- Contacting schools within London to promote the benefits of the Inspiring Governance Service and managing these relationships
- To communicate effectively and efficiently (via phone, email) with schools and other recruiters, keeping them informed of progress, and supporting them with any difficulties they might be having; updating the Inspiring Governance Regional team (five Regional Managers) who work daily with recruiters in their regions if appropriate
- From reports, pro-actively source new recruiters and sign them up to the Inspiring Governance Portal and assist them in creating new Vacancies if required
Support the Match Data Process for the Inspiring Governance Programme
- To support the match data process by manually collecting information and addresses of volunteers matched into governance roles, confirming that information is correct before it is forwarded on to our partners the National Governance Association (NGA) and suggesting any improvements to the system
Undertaking Day to Day Governance Programmes Administrative Tasks
- To provide daily support managing internal and external enquiries about all aspects of the Inspiring Governance service (including incoming phone calls and emails);
- To provide administrative support in relation to documentation of enquiries and processes, suggesting improvements where appropriate;
- To provide support and improvements with the internal process that supports recruiters who cannot find suitable volunteers including documentation;
- Producing the weekly team meeting agenda and organising room bookings and liaise with other colleagues, and wider Education and Employers staff as appropriate;
- Via the use of reports, undertake data audit work including providing support with data cleaning activities and ensuring data on the Platform is up to date (including for example chasing volunteers with incomplete profiles, ensuring matches are recorded accurately etc.);
- To facilitate the flow of communications between Volunteers and Recruiters for Single and Multi-Schools, school governance/trustee board members
- General enquiry management of phone calls received for the charity’s other campaigns and programmes and any other tasks that may be deemed appropriate
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is focussed and capable of absorbing information quickly and confidently, handling voluminous workloads in order to meet challenging KPIs. The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering outstanding customer service and developing and maintaining relationships with professional organisations including Local Authorities, Diocese’s and Multi-Academy Trusts, whilst assisting Volunteers to find a suitable governor position. This is an exciting time to join Education and Employers as the charity has recently reached its tenth anniversary and has ambitious plans for the future. As well as an opportunity to join a friendly team you can be involved in making a huge difference to the future of young people in schools.
In addition to your CV, please provide a written statement that addresses all of the criteria in the person specification below. Please make your statement no longer than two sides of A4, giving examples from your professional, volunteering or personal experience.
- Demonstratable experience of working within a busy office environment
- Previous experience of working in a customer / contact or support service role,
- Outstanding customer service and telephone manner, including handling large volumes of email enquiries and complaints and dealing with difficult calls
- Administrative experience with the ability to multitask and mange time effectively
- Excellent standard of English, written and oral communication skills – this will be tested at interview and via a test
- Experience of using a CRM database, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to troubleshoot using information within an online system
- Excellent attention to detail, especially when entering data
- Understanding of GDPR within a customer service setting
- Experience of working in a charity environment or knowledge of the not for profit sector
- Experience of working in an account management or target driven environment
- Knowledge or Salesforce CRM or other comparative online databases
- Knowledge of service delivery and factors that contribute to ‘a good service experience’ for ‘the customer’
- Knowledge of equal opportunities and diversity
- Knowledge of performance indicators and working within these, such as within a recruitment role
- Knowledge around the role of school governance
- Flexible with the ability to anticipate requirements and act to provide workable solutions to deliver what recruiters and volunteers need from the service
- Confident communicator who is perceptive to understanding needs/requests and able to action and prioritise these
- Calm and patient when dealing with a range of people
- Ability to work as a team player as well as autonomously towards targets
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends to support events
- Occasional travel to support events, some with overnight stays
Relevant Experience and Attainments
- Experience of delivering a good customer experience in an office environment
- Good level of education, ideally at graduate level
Education & Employers Charity
Education and Employers is a national charity that was launched in 2009 with the aim of ‘ensuring that every school and college has an effective partnership with employers to provide its young people with the inspiration, motivation, knowledge, skills and opportunities they need to help them achieve their potential and so to secure the UK’s future prosperity’. The charity works to achieve this by working in close partnership with leading national bodies representing schools, colleges and employers.
The Charity runs several volunteer programmes in addition to Inspiring Governance ; Inspiring the Future, Inspiring Women and Primary Futures uses a bespoke match-making technology which connects state schools and colleges with employers and people from the world of work.
The charity also undertakes research on education and employer engagement. Our pioneering research has led the way in improving the quantity, quality and relevance of research into employer engagement in education and is now quoted through government policy and by other key practitioners.
Education and Employers is the lead contractor for two governance programmes:
- The Inspiring Governance Service recruits skilled volunteers across England and matches them (via the technology Platform) to identified board vacancies. The programme is delivered with the National Governance Association, who provide training and support to those placed into governance roles. A regional team works across England to recruit volunteers (primarily working with business and professional networks and large employers) and generate interest from recruiters to register their vacancies with the programme. The programme is delivered for, and funded by, the Department for Education and will initially be delivered over a 4-year period from September 2016.
- The Inspiring Further Education (FE) programme recruits skilled volunteers across England and matches them (via the technology Platform) to identified board vacancies. Board vacancies for FE are more akin to Non-Executive Director roles and from this programme perspective at this stage are primarily from Further Education Colleges but can also be with other smaller further education providers (such as adult further education providers). The programme is delivered for, and funded by, the Education and Training Foundation and has run since April 2017, initially on a one-year contract which has been renewed for a further year until March 2019.
The Governance programmes are delivered by a friendly team made up of London based and regional staff.