We are recruiting a Senior Research Officer to join Education Development Trust’s growing Careers & Employability business, with a particular focus on supporting the following two Programmes:
Making a Difference is a brand-new programme to be delivered by Education Development Trust in the North East region of England. The programme is a European Social Fund (ESF) match funded programme which is designed to support both unemployed and economically inactive participants, the aim being to progress them to job search readiness or into paid employment.
The North East Ambition programme is designed to support SMEs and micro businesses across the North East link more effectively with local and national skills initiatives. The programme is a partnership between Education Development Trust and the North East Local Enterprise Partnership, building upon NELEP’s successful North East Ambition pilot. The North East Ambition programme is a European Social Fund match funded programme that runs from December 2020 – December 2023.
Research is central to the work of Education Development Trust. We invest each year in a programme of international educational research and we deliver an exciting and demanding portfolio of research work for clients.
The Senior Research Officer, Careers & Employability (SRO, C&E) will be a part of the Careers & Employability team but will also be strongly aligned with Education Development Trust’s central Research team. They will lead and manage the development and execution of a research strategy, and actively grow and deepen research within and connected to Careers and Employability. The growth of evidence and research linked to careers and employability work is needed to support service improvements, positioning, and to inform succession work of the European Social Fund (ESF) projects that will help to maintain the impact of the ESF investment beyond the life of the projects.
The successful applicant will have:
- An advanced degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Excellent practical knowledge and understanding of social science research methods
- Practical knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation (and learning) approaches
- Extensive experience of applied research, M&E, research methods and analysis
- Knowledge of education policy and practice in a research context
- Experience of managing and delivering a portfolio of projects
- Experience of analysing and presenting data to non-technical audiences
- Published research or presented conference papers related to areas of expertise
- Understanding of and experience working within a low-income context
- Ability to use information technology effectively, including statistical packages such as SPSS/STATA and other programmes such as NVIVO
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
In return we offer a competitive salary, a generous holiday allowance (30 days & bank holidays), a 6% matched pension scheme and a range of other voluntary benefits. We also offer excellent training and family friendly policies to support flexible working and a range of health and discount benefits.
Closing date: Thursday 29th September
Interviews dates: Interviews will take Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th October.
Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults whom we work with and come into contact with around the world. All applicants are subject to thorough screening and for applicable roles, successful candidates are subject to relevant criminal record checks with national police authorities or the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service.