The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) is an independent charity dedicated to breaking the link between family income and educational achievement.
We do this by summarising the best available evidence in plain language for busy, time-poor teachers and senior leaders, generating new evidence of ‘what works’, and what doesn’t work to improve teaching and learning, and supporting teachers and senior leaders across the country to use this evidence to achieve the maximum possible benefit for children and young people.
As the Head of Communications, you will be responsible for the comprehensive leadership, planning and coordination of the EEF’s communications.
Reporting to the Director of Impact, this role requires highly advanced skills in planning, delivering and monitoring communications, including the ability to establish and deliver a comprehensive communications strategy that is meaningful and coherent, with the buy-in of key stakeholders.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include delivery of key communication activities, in collaboration with Heads of Team and the executive team.
To join us as a Head of Communications, you will need:
- Deep knowledge of the education sector and a demonstrated commitment to the aims of the EEF
- Solid professional communications experience required including experience producing content, media relations, and managing social media accounts
- Understanding of the need for and value of a visual identity and branding
- Relationship management skills to facilitate the buy-in and progress of the communications strategy across the range of parties involved
- Understanding of risks in media work and interactions, including politics, legal, reputational and brand risk, etc
- Ability to conceptualise, create and deliver an organisational communications strategy
- A proactive, flexible and pragmatic approach, with an ability to balance a commitment to rigour with accessibility and impact
What you can expect from us
- Salary of c£55k+ per annum D.O.E
- Flexible start and end working times (core hours between 10am and 4pm)
- 27 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Pension matched with a 5% employer contribution
- Life insurance cover
- Interest-free season ticket loan and cycle scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay (conditions apply)
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please download the recruitment pack and click 'Apply on Website' to submit your application via our online recruitment portal.
- Application Close: 27 June 2021
- 1st Stage Interviews: w/c 5 July 2021
- 2nd Stage Interviews: w/c 12 July 2021
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time-frame.
The EEF is committed to create a workforce that is diverse, promotes inclusion and supports everyone to progress and achieve, regardless of background characteristics.
To assist us in understanding how we are progressing to meet these aims and to identify areas for further focus, we are seeking your support to collect information to produce and monitor equal opportunities aggregate statistics.
As part of the application, you’ll be invited to complete an Equal Opportunities section. Completing the form is not mandatory and will not affect or be linked to your application.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF). If you have any queries, please do not hesistate to contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.