The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) is an independent charity dedicated to breaking the link between family income and educational achievement.
We do this by summarising the best available evidence in plain language for busy, time-poor teachers and senior leaders, generating new evidence of ‘what works’, and what doesn’t work to improve teaching and learning, and supporting teachers and senior leaders across the country to use this evidence to achieve the maximum possible benefit for children and young people.
As the Head of Policy, you will play a pivotal role in our policy development and operation. You will liaise with the DfE and other national and international policy organisations, and leading evidence projects that have a direct relationship with the Department for Education. These latter currently relate to the key ‘evidence guardianship’ role that the EEF has adopted, specifically in relation to the Early Career Framework (ECF) and National Professional Qualifications (NPQs).
The Head of Policy will also lead on projects related to overall EEF strategy; policy issues; and complex issues which span a number of internal teams.
Reporting to the Director of Impact, this role requires the ability to lead on discrete projects related to overall EEF strategy; policy issues; broader links to the Department for Education; and complex issues which span a number of internal teams.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include relationship management of key stakeholders, managing a small policy team, and working across the EEF to ensure that policy and evidence guardianship is actively informing, supporting and underpinning cross-organisational planning.
To join us as a Head of Policy, you will need:
- To act as a representative and ambassador of the EEF in key meetings across stakeholder groups
- Deep knowledge of the education sector and a demonstrated commitment to the aims of the EEF
- Extensive experience of working in a senior education policy or research related role;
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills, evidenced by close, successful relationships with policy makers and senior education stakeholders;
- A proven track record of leading, motivating and managing the performance and development of a high-performing team, encouraging enterprise in others;
- The capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects, delivering a high volume of quality work to meet deadlines.
- A proactive, flexible and pragmatic approach, with an ability to balance a commitment to rigour with accessibility and impact
What you can expect from us
- Salary of c£55k+ per annum D.O.E
- Flexible start and end working times (core hours between 10am and 4pm)
- 27 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Pension matched with a 5% employer contribution
- Life insurance cover
- Interest-free season ticket loan and cycle scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay (conditions apply)
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme
How to Apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please download the recruitment pack and click 'Apply on Website' to submit your application via our online recruitment portal.
- Application Close: 27 June 2021
- 1st Stage Interviews: w/c 5 July 2021
- 2nd Stage Interviews: w/c 12 July 2021
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process.
If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our Human Resources team to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original time-frame.
The EEF is committed to create a workforce that is diverse, promotes inclusion and supports everyone to progress and achieve, regardless of background characteristics.
To assist us in understanding how we are progressing to meet these aims and to identify areas for further focus, we are seeking your support to collect information to produce and monitor equal opportunities aggregate statistics.
As part of the application, you’ll be invited to complete an Equal Opportunities section. Completing the form is not mandatory and will not affect or be linked to your application.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF). If you have any queries, please do hesitate to contact us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.