EPG is looking for an exceptionally organised, highly motivated, and capable Manager to lead EPG’s Fundraising and Business Development portfolio. Reporting to the Director, Strategy and Partnerships, the Manager will hold overall responsibility for leading the implementation of EPG’s Business Development and Fundraising Strategy, and growing EPG’s funding portfolio and pipeline of new projects and partnerships. The Manager will work closely with programme teams to drive business development and fundraising efforts at the country level – from supporting the identification of new funding opportunities to coordinating and supporting the development of high-quality concept notes and proposals. At the central level, the Manager will work closely with the Director, Strategy and Partnerships and EPG’s Senior Management Team (SMT) to build relationships with potential new donors and partners, represent EPG in early engagements and support the development of concept notes and proposals for both country-specific and multi-country work.
EPG has recently finalised a new Business Development and Fundraising strategy and is prioritising growth as a strategic priority for the whole organisation. As a small non-profit, the Manager will be expected to work independently across the suite of tasks and contribute to building systems and efficient ways of working to guide EPG’s BD and fundraising into the future.
The right candidate will possess excellent communication, strategic thinking and relationship building skills and see this role as an opportunity to contribute to supporting governments in low- and middle-income countries to shape and strengthen their education systems. Depending on the successful candidate’s location, the role may require significant remote working and thus personal initiative and time management will be critical. This role may include some international travel, subject to Covid-19 travel restrictions, indicatively 10%.
· Qualified to degree level in a related field.
· Demonstrable experience and track record in identifying, leading and cultivating relationships with different types of development partners, including bilateral and multilateral aid organisations, philanthropic foundations and trusts, and peer organisations leading consortia bids.
· An exceptional communicator – both in person and in writing – with an ability to translate complex projects and concepts into simple and compelling materials and ability to effectively manage a variety of relationships.
· Strong track record in successful proposal development and management for a variety of different types of donors.
· Excellent project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple competing projects and priorities within tight timeframes.
· Exceptionally strong attention to detail in all aspects of project design and delivery.
· An effective team player with strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to provide support and collaborate with staff across teams and functions, often remotely, including as team leader for concept notes and proposals.
· Proven capacity to work independently and proactively in delivering new ideas, solutions and results.
· Willingness to travel internationally, subject to COVID-19 restrictions
· Commitment to EPG’s core values and commitment to being an anti-racist organisation.
· Experience with or knowledge of either global education or the general policy making environment in low- and middle-income countries would be advantageous
· French language skills would be ideal, but are not required.
How to Apply:
Please use the apply link which will send you to the EPG website, where you can find the full job description.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so early application is strongly encouraged. The deadline for applications is 1st October 2021 at 5pm GMT
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.