Elders Voice is a forward-thinking and caring organisation dedicated to improving quality of life for older people in Brent. We provide practical and social opportunities to people ranging in age from 50 years upwards, and our services are as varied as the people who use them.
Our objectives are to:
- Keep people safe, secure and independent in their own homes for as long as possible
- Provide day care provision for older people and older people with dementia
- Provide housing support to older people
- Offer exciting opportunities for people to make friends, learn new skills and have fun
Our reputation within the local community and the Borough of Brent has been earned over many years of Elders Voice delivering quality services which have older people at the centre.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to lead the development and strategy of the organisation and the expansion of service delivery within the borough.
You will be:
- Dynamic and creative
- A strategic thinker
- Able to achieve the unthinkable
You will have experience of:
- Senior management
- Voluntary or statutory sector
Full Job Description
Purpose of the Job
- To work on behalf of the Board of Trustees to develop and deliver the business plan and business strategy to ensure the ongoing sustainability, growth and success of Elders Voice.
- To act as a strong figurehead for the organisation, a positive ambassador with our stakeholders, and a confident and inspiring leader for staff and volunteers.
Strategy, planning and control
- To develop Elders Voice’s strategic business plan in response to key strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- To manage the organisation effectively, ensuring that its financial security and risk management is maintained and enhanced.
- To lead the development and implementation of strategic goals, objectives and financial plans to meet both the short term and long term business plan aspirations.
- To take overall responsibility for achieving, monitoring and reporting on performance against targets in all areas of the charity’s activities.
- To develop a culture of continuous improvement throughout all aspects of Elders Voice’s work.
- To take overall responsibility for fundraising.
- To oversee budgets, expenditure and management accounts ensuring that income and expenditure is within business plan targets.
- To be accountable to the Board of Trustees for the overall financial health of Elders Voice ensuring that new funding opportunities, tenders etc. are pursued.
- To identify and put in place an effective risk management strategy and framework for the charity to support business plan objectives and robust financial and strategic management.
- To foster good working relationships and ensure systems and structures are in place for the Board of Trustees to fulfil its statutory requirements and exercise effective control of the charity’s affairs.
- To report to the Board on progress against key strategic objectives, providing information and answering for organisational performance.
- To advise the Board in all aspects of leading Elders Voice, including short term and long term strategic planning for the financial welfare of the organisation.
- To provide leadership to Elders Voice and to take responsibility for the effective delivery of all functions within the strategic and accountability frameworks established by the Board of Trustees.
- To develop a culture which motivates all staff to enable them to provide a high quality service focussed on the wellbeing of older people.
- To lead key strategic projects including those bringing significant changes for the organisation, ensuring that risks and threats are robustly managed.
- To promote Elders Voice so as to ensure a positive external image and highly motivated workforce.
- To participate in external meetings including meetings with commissioners, market engagement forums and provider forums.
- To ensure that all Elders Voice’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To work in accordance with Elders Voice’s culture, values, aims and objectives.
- To raise the profile of Elders Voice to act as a positive ambassador for the organisation at all times, and to lobby on its behalf.
- To undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required from time to time.
- To acknowledge the need for professional sharing of information and, when required, to maintain a strict confidentiality of information conveyed by the Chair, the Board of Trustees, beneficiaries, staff and external organisations.
- To ensure service users’ views and aspirations are taken into account for all service delivery.
- Degree or equivalent in social policy, health/social care or community development
- Professional qualification on health/social care and/or management
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a senior management role
- Demonstrable experience of service development and project management
- Demonstrable experience of fundraising
- Demonstrable experience of organisational financial management
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural setting
- Experience of working in the voluntary and/or statutory sector
- Experience of service level agreements, contracts, tendering and commissioning
- Experience of delivering front line services in a community setting
- Experience of research and analysis
- Understanding and application or Equal Opportunities
- Comprehensive understanding of the issues affecting older people
- Understanding of service provision for older people
- Understanding of quality assurance frameworks and standards
- Basic understanding of employment law
- Understanding of Health and Safety
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to inspire and lead an organisation
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and written communication skills
- Excellent IT and multi-media skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure
- Ability to manage own learning
- Excellent people management skills
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.