Elfrida Rathbone Camden has secured further funding for our keynote multidisciplinary family support service delivered in partnership with Citizens Advice Camden. We are seeking to fill several posts for this innovative and exciting project:. The Family Development Worker will provide direct hands on support to families who have multiple needs and who are not accessing services and support to help them increase their resilience and become part of a more connected community. Members of the Family Support Service will also facilitate, lead or support skills-building groups for parents, children and young people.The service delivery partner is Citizens Advice Camden.
- To enable families who have multiple needs and who are not accessing services and support to increase their resilience and become part of a more connected community.
- To act as a keyworker and where appropriate as Lead Professional for children and their families with multiple and complex needs
- To facilitate, lead or support skills building groups for parents, children and young people
- To receive referrals based on criteria agreed with the funder and, arrange initial assessments, ongoing support, and reviews as necessary.
- To fully support the Family Support Service Manager to ensure the service meets the targets set by funders and maintains continuous service delivery
- To use the Integrated Working framework including the Common Assessment tools, Team around the Child/Family approach and eCAF system to work with families and partner agencies.
- To provide support to families through casework by offering information, advice, strategies and emotional and practical support.
- To maintain written records to a good standard and collate monitoring information as necessary.
- To establish and maintain effective liaison with staff from partner organisations and other statutory and voluntary agencies working with the family; attending relevant meetings as necessary.
- To assist with publicity and outreach with regard to ERC family support services, liaising with relevant professionals, community groups and other networks.
- To identify and report any safeguarding concerns, and work to follow Elfrida Rathbone Camden’s Safeguarding Children policy.
- To follow Elfrida Rathbone Camden’s policies and procedures including those relating to confidentiality, equality and diversity and health and safety.
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience of providing direct supportive services to both parents and children in families with children up to the age of 19 years.
- Experience of working in diverse multi-cultural settings.
- Experience of working with statutory, local authority or health agencies involved in the support of vulnerable children and their families.
Knowledge / Skills
- Knowledge of the network of statutory and voluntary sector services available to families, and how to gain access to that network.
- Empathy with, and understanding of, the challenges and stresses faced by vulnerable children and their families.
- Insight into specific difficulties faced by families from minority groups, such as BME families, parents with learning difficulties or parents of disabled children.
- Ability to engage families and build up their confidence.
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality in working with families.
- Understanding of the importance of safeguarding and knowledge and understanding of using child protection processes.
- Commitment to working within an equal opportunities framework, and towards addressing barriers preventing access, inclusion and participation for service users
- Effective communication skills in engaging with service users and professionals including good written and spoken English.
- Relevant qualifications in any of the following:
- Play or family therapy
- Social work
- Learning difficulties
- Parenting groupwork/programmes
Please go to our website to apply and find out more about. Feel free to contact us should you have any questions. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Deadline: Tuesday 23th July (interviews to be held on Friday 26th July)