Digital Learning Facilitator
The post holder will be responsible for providing appropriate hands-on IT support, working collaboratively with the College Leadership Team, Elim IT services, Academic Deans, Lecturers and Student Support Services, to ensure that appropriate technologies and techniques are utilized to deliver the best possible experience for all our customers, including staff, students and external collaborators.
- Development of a marketable distance learning delivery in conjunction with module leaders, to add value to Regents existing programs by increasing flexibility and numbers on courses.
- Develop effective digital pedagogy through innovation, training and support of all staff.
- Overall management of the VLE systems including platform and upgrade recommendations to support learning.
- Set up, advise and support lecturing team on effective IT systems to enable remote teaching and learning.
- Working with IT department and student services to ensure students have effective access and support to Regents digital systems.
- Evaluate systems to enable the best staff and student experience and value for money.
- Management of all platforms and infrastructure for the roll out of multi-location teaching delivery.
- Support digital lecturing best practice training and shared learning.
- Provide technical assistance with the creation of online teaching materials on the VLE as well as Data Management.
- Act as a digital librarian to manage, oversee & streamline all data stored using appropriate systems and external partners.
- Ensure user friendly storage and maintenance of videos associated with assessments in compliance with relevant institutional policies.
- Ensure the Regents database systems (Ellucian) provides the essential information to lecturers, support staff, leadership of Regents and outside agencies.
- Provide support and training beyond day-to-day use of database.
Specific IT support for Quercus has been identified in the following areas (this would be undertaken by Digital Learning Facilitator or support/training given to staff to enable this):
- Maintaining set up/changing security measures for users.
- Setting up new programme structures/modules including assessments on the system.
- Making changes to existing programme structures/module structures including assessment components.
- Deleting Modules from the system.
- Generating management reports using the ad-hoc system by setting up the parameters for a bespoke report using the x and y axis method.
- Understanding of how to set up and run the HESA side of Quercus Inc. introducing drop down tabs for new fields as well as providing technical support to this aspect of the database.
- Amending/adding course years for a registered student in order to comply with the HESA return.
- Development of the system’s capabilities to better serve the requirements of administrative and academic staff.
- Assistance with the registration and roll-on of students, including allocating single log on and ensuring HESA collection fields have been updated.
- Housekeeping of the reference data fields.
- Liaising with technical members of staff at Ellucian in order to resolve local database issues.
- Attendance at regular online Ellucian meetings
Specific Management, Oversight and Development of VLE to include (this would be undertaken by Digital Learning Facilitator or support/training given to staff to enable this):
- Oversee and facilitate set up of new students on the VLE and set up instructions for new students.
- Trouble shoot with new students where logon not working.
- Liaise with the Elim IT Department and library regarding single sign on to connect with the VLE.
- Liaise with Overt regarding VLE upgrades/issues.
- Technical support for some students who are unable to connect with computers/phones/tables on site (usually a quick fix).
IT Strategy and Delivery:
- Represent Regents on the Elim IT Committee.
- Oversee the resource allocation of IT equipment to Regents staff.
- Develop IT and Digital strategy for Regents 3-5 years.
- Evaluate patterns of spending for all IT and seek to ensure effective investment and value for money.
- Working with the IT department ensure effective support of all hardware and software systems used by Regents.
- Ensure effective training for staff on all systems.
- Working with outside agencies to support Regents IT.
- Oversee IT Classroom support in Theatre, Classrooms and Chapel.
- On hand support to trouble shoot technical issues (in conjunction with the relevant dept or external partner).
- Exploring and ensuring continual improvement in all Hardware and software solutions
The Elim Pentecostal Church is a growing Movement of more than 550 Christian congregations in the UK and Ireland. Elim is also a leading UK charity operating within the non-profit sector as a single consolidated charity. Elim’s core vision and distinctive characteristics arise from its spiritual heritage as a denomination focussed on Christian mission and ministry.
Elim International Centre Malvern is the base for the Elim’s ministry, mission, training, administration and finance departments, serving the denomination’s churches and activities.
Regents Theological College is the National Training Centre of the Elim Pentecostal Church and one of the leading Pentecostal Bible Colleges in Europe. It provides a range of theology courses at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels, all validated by the University of Chester
At Regents Theological College the philosophy behind all that we do can be summed up as Heads, Hands and Hearts. HEADS - We unashamedly encourage all students studying with us to stretch their minds, see things from others’ perspective, develop academic muscles that enable them to critically navigate their way through the changing world. HANDS – We seek to put practical tools in the hands of our students to understand the day to day reality of mission and ministry whether that be in the context of church, education, chaplaincy or everyday day life. We encourage students to actively participate in placements and reflect on their own and others’ practice. HEARTS - It is our prayer and desire than anyone studying at Regents also encounters God for themselves and is transformed by His presence in their daily lives.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.