The HR Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for all aspects of HR and immigration responsibilities. You will deliver advice to all levels of staff and to EFGA churches.
- Oversee the creation, distribution and recording of accurate employee documentation within the department for all new starters, current employees and leavers;
- Ensure regular checks made on employee paperwork, including right to work, driving licenses etc;
- Work with payroll to ensure employees are paid correctly;
- Maintain and develop for operational, compliance and employee benefit the HR software system to ensure it is maximized as a resource and works effectively and efficiently to support the HR team, employees and directors;
- Maintain accurate records for employee sickness including return to work forms, completing standard sickness reviews and flagging high-level sickness to Directors.
- Liaise with legal advisors to ensure actions taken within the organisation are consistently carried out in accordance with their advice;
- Provide consultancy advice to EFGA churches and answer HR queries, after taking advice where necessary, in a consistent, efficient and straightforward manner;
- Manage all organisation benefit schemes and maintain accurate records e.g. employee anniversaries, childcare vouchers, Health Cashback Scheme;
- Undertake formal investigations and hearings under the organisation handbook procedures where directed by the directors and when processes are undertaken by them, support them through note taking, investigative pack creation and conclusion drafting;
- Make any required documentation changes in line with procedural change, employment law updates and annual revisions and arrange for the new documentation to be appropriately launched out to the organisation;
- Organise performance reviews by formulating questions. Ensure that both management and employees complete the appraisal before the given deadline;
- Organise recruitment by supporting directors and line-managers. Publish vacancies on the website using the ATS system and correspond with all candidates throughout the process.
- Formulate interview questions and coach and support interview leads in conducting interviews. Be present at interviews to ensure compliance;
- Answer immigration queries, after taking advice where necessary, in a consistent, efficient and straightforward manner;
- Apply and process COS applications for new prospective non-EU citizen employees;
- Maintain records on non-EU employees currently employed by EFGA and take appropriate action before visas have expired.
The Elim Pentecostal Church is a growing Movement of more than 550 Christian congregations in the UK and Ireland. Elim's fundamental and distinctive characteristics consist of priorities and commitments that we consider God-given, non-negotiables of spiritual heritage and destiny that will shape and define our future.
The HR department is responsible for ensuring compliance with the latest employment legislation for the Elim International Centre and all EFGA churches. The department is based at the central offices in Malvern, ensuring direct contact with all stakeholders. The HR department works closely with other departments to guarantee good staff management across the organisation.
Please do review the person specification within the job description before applying.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.