Job Coach- SEND
You will be supporting a group of young people who predominantly live within Hackney to transition from education into a supported work placement with the aim of paid employment as an outcome.
You will help young people progress in all aspects of employability, including work-related and independent travel skills. You will also provide in-work job coaching and pastoral support, all with the aim of helping these young people to reach their goals.
- Provide 1-2-1 support in the workplace (job coaching)
- Assist with employability sessions
- Travel training
- Liaising with employers, setting up placements and monitoring progress made
- Maintain records of support and progress made by each young person
What we are looking for
- Teaching qualification is desirable
- Previous experience supporting young adults with special educational need and/or disability to enhance their skills and help them achieve their goals
- Experience of job coaching using recognised TSI principles
You will already have experience supporting young adults with SEND to enhance their skills, and experience of providing job coaching.
In return for your commitment, we offer generous annual leave, access to our employee assistance programme and the opportunity to work with people who are passionate about what they do. Working for Ellingham means you will have a direct impact on these young people’s lives. We are an Investors in People organisation and Disability Confident employer. The successful candidate will be required to undertake criminal records check at the employer’s expense.