Remote/home-working, with regular travel to UK churches as required
Are you inspired to bring hope and lasting change to some of the poorest and most marginalised people who are living in poverty, facing injustice, experiencing disability, trauma and displacement caused by conflict in the Middle East?
Do you have a good understanding of the UK church and a desire to connect with leaders and churches?
Are you confident you can engage their support for Embrace and its work – through giving, prayer support, advocacy, and volunteering?
Embrace the Middle East is an international Christian charity helping people of all faiths and none to free themselves from a life of poverty and injustice. Our work and the work of our Christian partners, in Egypt, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Syria and Iraq, who run hospitals, clinics, schools and centres for people with disabilities, really does make a difference. Together we lift up the vulnerable and marginalised, serving families escaping violence or persecution, people living with all kinds of disability, women and children deprived of access to vital education and health services.
Embrace the Middle East is looking to recruit and welcome to the Engagement team a Church Relationships Manager. Working collaboratively and supportively with colleagues to develop Embrace’s supporter-base of UK churches and church groups through proactively managing relationships to retain, develop and reactivate churches so that they continue to support Embrace’s work through: giving, praying, advocating and volunteering.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Working creatively and collaboratively to shape, drive and deliver Embrace’s Church engagement strategy to retain, re-activate and develop relationships with church leaders and communities.
- Manage the delivery and promotion of churches campaigns to raise awareness and increase support for Embrace’s mission.
- To speak and preach in churches and to church and community groups to raise awareness of Embrace and our work, and encourage engagement via giving, praying, advocating and volunteering.
- Working with colleagues, to align Embrace’s Volunteer and Events Programmes to support the development of church relationships.
- To support the Charity in every way possible to fulfil its vision and charitable aims.
We are looking for an excellent relationship manager, who is skilled in building rapport and developing relationships with UK churches, Church leaders and congregations to increase engagement through giving, prayer support, advocacy, and volunteering. Inspired by their faith, they will be confident at preaching, praying publicly, and leading Christian services in a wide range of church settings, with appropriate references to scripture.
We are keen to hear from candidates who are passionate about Embrace’s work and committed to the Christian mission, vision and values of the charity. You will be comfortable working in a faith inspired work setting and ready with compassion to serve and work with churches, congregations and communities.
In return, you will be part of a collaborative team, working with colleagues to bring hope and healing to those we serve through our Middle East Christian partners. You will be part of an organisation that values everyone’s contribution, pays a fair wage, offers attractive benefits, and is committed to supporting your continual professional development.
Because of the nature of the role it is subject to an occupational requirement under the Equality Act that the post-holder be a practising Christian.
To succeed you will:
- Be inspired to help change the lives of marginalised people living with poverty, injustice, disability, trauma and displacement caused by conflict, and other challenges.
- Have experience of working with UK churches and liaising with Church leaders and congregations.
- Have excellent communication and influencing skills to engage, inspire and deliver key messages.
- Have experience of raising charitable income and long-term engagement within a Church setting.
- Have experience of preaching, praying publicly, and leading Christian services in a wide range of church settings, with appropriate references to scripture.
- Be confident to ‘make the ask’ in a church or group setting and confidently invite support for the work of Embrace.
- Be motivated by the belief that every person is created in the image and likeness of God and is deserving of the dignity bestowed on them by God.
- Be able to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Be available to work on weekends (in particular Sundays - up to 3 Sundays a month) and evenings as required.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Be able to travel to church communities in the UK, and occasional visits to Embrace’s office in Amersham, Buckinghamshire.
- Have appropriate home-working arrangements.
Staff benefits at Embrace the Middle East:
- To support every member of staff to work as effectively as possible, Embrace offers remote and flexible working arrangements. This includes flexi-time and home-working arrangements.
- Embrace’s flexi-time framework means that staff can vary, by agreement with their manager, their start and finish times, taking into account the needs of their work and personal preference/circumstance. Staff are required to start work between 7:30am – 10:00am and finish between 3:00pm – 6:00pm. Our core collaborative working hours are between 10:00am to 3:00pm.
- Pension - option to join from day 1. Maximum employer contribution of 10%
- Holiday - 30 days, including 8 bank holidays – rising to 31 days after 5 years' service and 32 days after 10 years' service, plus 3 days leave between Christmas and the New Year
- Flexi-time working arrangement and support for home-working allowance.
- Reimbursement of pre-agreed travel expenses.
- Life Assurance - 3x salary.
- Employee Assistant Programme (confidential counselling, legal and financial advice) and GP helpline – both available 24 /7, 365 days a year
- Training and development programme for all employees.
- Commitment to staff health & wellbeing.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, kindly send through a completed online application form, via the link on our website, attaching a copy of your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability and your motivation for the role.
We will contact all shortlisted candidates either before or shortly after the closing date for applications.
Embrace the Middle East is an equal opportunities employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to child protection.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position you need to have the right to work in the UK, either through nationality or relevant work visa.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and undertake a disclosure check as part of the Charity’s safer recruitment policy.
Closing date: 14 February 2022