Embrace the Middle East is an international Christian charity helping people of all faiths and none to free themselves from a life of poverty and injustice. Our work and the work of our Christian partners, in Egypt, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Syria and Iraq, who run hospitals, clinics, schools and centres for people with disabilities, really does make a difference. Together we lift up the vulnerable and marginalised, serving families escaping violence or persecution, people living with all kinds of disability, women and children deprived of access to vital education and health services.
As the charity enters a new 5-year strategic period (Hope in Action), we have ambitious plans for growth. Reporting to the Director of Programmes and Engagement, this newly created role will lead our Supporter Engagement Team, playing an integral role in driving and developing our core fundraising programme. We are seeking to nurture an engaged group of supporters, to develop and grow our supporter base; individuals and churches who give, pray, advocate and volunteer.
We are looking to recruit (and welcome to the team) a Head of Supporter Engagement to:
- Work collaboratively with the Engagement team, to develop and implement a clearly defined supporter strategy for retention and growth.
- Provide creative direction and leadership to develop a church engagement strategy that deepens and broadens congregational support and raises more income through church giving.
- Guide the development of Embrace’s legacy and in-memory giving strategy as an integral part of Embrace’s Supporter Engagement strategy.
- Work in close cooperation with the Head of Communications on the development and delivery of effective supporter resources and targeted marketing to new and existing audiences.
- Refer to data intelligence, to set, monitor and evaluate whole team and individual income targets and performance indicators.
- Provide inspirational leadership to the Supporter Engagement team (6 people), empowering them to support the Charity in every way possible to fulfil its vision and charitable aims.
- Work with the Director of Programmes and Engagement, to contribute to the strategic direction of the Charity and be accountable for the success of the Supporter Engagement team.
We are looking for an experienced fundraising and marketing professional, an imaginative and collaborative team leader, who is passionate about Embrace’s work and has experience of developing supporter engagement opportunities and stewardship journeys for thousands of supporters. You will be able to innovate and improve how Embrace connects with an engaged and growing group of long-term supporters. You will have a high-level of operational expertise and enjoy seeing others develop and flourish.
We are looking for someone who is committed to the Christian mission, vision and values of the charity, either as a practising Christian or someone with a sympathy for Embrace’s mission with the Christian faith and is comfortable working in a faith inspired religious environment and ready with compassion to serve and work with Church congregations structures and communities.
To succeed, you will have experience devising and implementing integrated supporter journeys across traditional and digital channels, leading a team to deliver individual giving, including legacies and community fundraising, programmes achieving income donation in the region of £1.5 Million per annum.
This is a collaborative team role, working with colleagues to bring hope and healing to those whom we serve. You will be part of an organisation that values everyone’s contribution, pays a fair wage as well as attractive benefits, and is committed to support your continuing professional development.
The role will initially be home-based, with flexible working options will be available thereafter. This will include the option to work at Embrace’s offices in Amersham or mainly from home, attending the office as required.
How to apply:
To apply for this role, kindly send through a completed online application form, via the link on our website, attaching a copy of your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability and your motivation for the role.
Closing date: Friday 8 January 2021.
We will contact all shortlisted candidates either before or shortly after the closing date for applications.
Embrace the Middle East is an equal opportunities employer. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to child protection. Please note that in order to be considered for this position you need to have the right to work in the UK, either through nationality or relevant work visa. The successful candidate will be required to complete a medical questionnaire and undertake a disclosure check as part of the Charity’s safer recruitment policy.