Opportunity to lead on new business growth across Europe, Middle East and Africa, embracing and leading our focus on effective development.
Cardno Emerging Markets are seeking an Area Manager to lead on the strategic management of our operations in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
As the EMEA Area Manager, you will successfully drive strong leadership across 5 key areas including: Operational; Business Development; Financial Management; Personnel Management; Quality Assurance and Safety. As a member of the Cardno Emerging Markets Executive, the AM would work with in partnership with the broader Cardno business, embracing and leading our focus on effective development underpinned by strong management.
The successful candidate will have a strong business acumen and primarily lead on the exploration of new business opportunities. You will bring a strong leadership style in order to execute your strategy, inspiring and managing the EMEA team. Externally you will build partnerships with both public and private clients in order to maintain existing relationships and create new ones, aligned to growing the business pipeline.
- You will develop business plans, annual budgets and profit targets in collaboration with the each of the EMEA managers.
- You will bring the ability to deliver strong governance and decision making support to the business units and key senior stakeholders.
- Working in partnership with the Division Manager, your motivation will inspire, committed and skilled personnel to achieve the business objectives, vision and direction you set.
- We would like to see tangible experience of managing a large portfolio of projects, across multiple countries and sectors, including physical and social infrastructure as well as private clients.
- You will be a Cardno Change Management Champion to promote global change efforts.
- You are a professional and your communication and personal skills will be aligned to building relationships and engaging senior level clients.
- Innovative and intuitive approach to researching key target markets and new opportunities, combined with advanced evaluation, reporting and decision-making skills with a results-driven focus.
- Your strategy will include maximizing structures and personnel for success.
- The AM is accountable for achieving agreed levels of financial performance and will monitor and report monthly.
- You will implement finance management systems and conduct periodic reviews, leading on compliance in alignment with statutory obligations and requirements.
- Prepare monitoring and review budgets in a timely manner.
- Ensure risk management policies, procedure and programs are clearly defined and achieved.
- Implement human resource management plans, systems, procedures and programs in conjunction with HR.
- Implement modern management techniques and systems to reinforce staff involvement in Area’s operations, promote effective team work, measure performance and reinforce appropriate levels of delegation and authority.
- Instil and inspire a positive and progressive workplace and organization culture.
- Implement, comply and improve with Cardno’s Quality Management System.
- Master’s Degree in an international development related field is required.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Credible experience leading at a senior strategic level within International Development, you have held a CEO or equivalent Executive Management position, leading a team of more than ten people to deliver physical and social infrastructure projects for donor clients as well as private clients.
- Experience with DFID and EU donors essential
- Appreciation of a flexible working environment, you can commit to travel and attend events and we will support you in balancing your home life.
Must be eligible to work in the UK