EMERGENCY is an international organisation that provides free, high-quality healthcare to victims of war, poverty and landmines, alongside building hospitals and training local medical staff. Founded in 1994, EMERGENCY has treated 10 million people in 19 different countries and currently operates in Afghanistan, Eritrea, Iraq, Italy, Sierra Leone, and Sudan.
EMERGENCY UK is an independent charitable organisation that supports EMERGENCY's projects with fundraising and communications activities.
Who are we looking for and what will you do?
EMERGENCY UK is looking for a Fundraising Officer to take the charity’s fundraising to the next level. Working as part of a small, London-based team, you will develop and implement strategies to grow the organisation’s fundraising in the UK.
Key responsibilities would include:
Individual and community giving
- Develop and implement individual and community fundraising initiatives.
- Identify and develop relationships with key supporters and partners.
- Ensure the donor database is updated and accurate at all times. Compile donor data and analyse donors and donor giving patterns to inform the development of strategy.
- Work closely with International Communications Lead to develop and implement supporter journeys.
- Manage and promote external fundraising tools and partners, including platforms such as JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving, and Benevity.
- Work closely with the London Volunteer Group to plan, implement and manage new fundraising activities and events.
- Manage the purchase and allocation of places in sponsored sporting events.
- Attend community fundraising events organised by qualified third parties.
Trusts & Foundations
- Work closely with the International Resources Development Manager and the Head Office Fundraising team to identify and develop suitable trust and foundation grant opportunities.
- Provide support writing write project-based donor proposals.
- Provide support with submission, tracking, follow up, and reporting of trust and foundation applications.
Donor overview and mapping
- Oversee creation and implementation of a donor tracking system which enables EMERGENCY UK to have a full overview of its current, past and potential donors (from all income streams, including trusts and foundations; High Net Worth Individuals; corporate and individual donors), allowing proper monitoring of donations.
- Attend and assist with events (to be assigned within the scope of the position, as and when necessary)
- Experience of fundraising in the UK charity sector
- Proven track record of generating income
- Proactive approach to fundraising
- Knowledge of key fundraising principles, trends and legislation
- Ability to analyse fundraising data to inform strategy
- Experience of using digital fundraising tools
- Experience of using email marketing, social media, and crowdfunding platforms
- Outstanding writing skills and close attention to detail
- Fluent English language ability
- Working knowledge of a European language would be an advantage
The role is part-time (3 days per week), will be based at EMERGENCY UK’s London office, and initially be contracted for 12 months, starting in March 2020.
We cannot sponsor visas, so only applicants who have eligibility to work in the UK will be considered for the post.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.