Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000
Hours of work: Full-time/Permanent
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire
We are working in partnership with Emmaus Hertfordshire, one of 29 Emmaus communities across the UK supporting more than 800 formerly homeless people, known within Emmaus as companions. Each community provides a home for as long as needed and meaningful work in a social enterprise.
Emmaus Hertfordshire are seeking a new Chief Executive Officer. This is an exciting and important opportunity for the right individual as Emmaus Hertfordshire is embarking on a significant expansion project at its St Albans site as part of a new partnership with the St Albans Foodbank and other agencies. A key element of the CEO role will be to provide leadership to this project alongside overall management responsibility for our existing community and social enterprise businesses.
Given the growth of the community in recent years, the ambitions of the Emmaus UK Strategic Plan 2020-2025, and the need to consider new directions and initiatives, the Board is looking for a dynamic leader with the right values and vision for this role. The successful appointee will report to the Board, manage and motivate the whole community, deliver our strategic objectives, and work with other stakeholders to address homelessness issues.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant experience at a senior level in a similar organisation or related field
- an understanding of and commitment to the Emmaus values
- an ability to understand and empathise with people in vulnerable circumstances
- Proven experience of leading, inspiring, and motivating a workforce with diverse needs to meet organisation objectives
- Previous financial management and control responsibility
- Experience of designing, developing, and implementing business strategies to fulfil Board vision and goals
- Innovative skills in seeking new revenue streams and business models
- Experience of retail business strategy and implementation
- Proven skills in change management, organisational design and organisational development.
The new CEO will be an entrepreneurial individual with excellent communication, planning and organisational skills and the ability to influence and engage with a wide range of stakeholders. You will be a team player, with drive, integrity and enthusiasm and have a true belief in the ethos of the charity and the services they offer and be committed to the causes of social inclusion and empowerment.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV, Supporting Statement and Equal Opportunities and Diversity Monitoring Form to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment, quoting our reference JO2817.
Closing date for applications: 21 March 2021
Interview dates: early April TBC