Emmaus is a homelessness charity helping formerly homeless people to rebuild their lives and regain lost self-esteem by providing them with a safe place to call home and meaningful work in one of our social enterprises. We understand that a home is more than just a roof over your head; it’s somewhere to belong, where you feel part of a community, and that’s what Emmaus offers.
About the role
The Communications Assistant role is an exciting, varied position supporting the communications team with activities that help them to deliver ambitious comms plans. You will have excellent organisational skills and experience of working in a busy communications role. Although not essential, knowledge and understanding of the charity sector would also be an advantage.
Our team delivers communications for both Emmaus UK and Emmaus communities and groups across the UK, helping them to increase their profile locally and nationally. Like many charities, the coronavirus pandemic has had a significant impact on Emmaus over the last year. Our charity shops are reopening following the recent lockdown, but it will take time to rebuild our social enterprises to full capacity. Good communications will be a big part of getting communities back on track.
The role is full time (37.5 hours per week) with hours and days to be agreed. Depending on your location, the role can be based in our Birmingham office or at home by arrangement. Occasional travel to Emmaus communities and other locations will be required once we consider it safe to do so.
If you have great communication skills, lots of creative ideas, a positive “can do” attitude and a passion for what you do, we want to hear from you.
What we offer
- Salary scale - £18,103 to £22,790 per annum dependent on experience
- Working hours – Full time 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Flexible working – Options available, subject to the requirements of the role
- Annual leave – 25 days per annum, plus eight bank holidays and discretional days between Christmas and New Year
- Pension – Stakeholder pension with an employer contribution of 5%
- Life assurance – a death in service lump sum of 3 x salary
- Training & development – Individually tailored induction, training and development
- Employee assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available
Please send your up-to-date CV and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role by 1pm on Wednesday 7 July 2021.
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.