Regional Communications Officer- South and South East of UK
Emmaus is a homelessness charity helping formerly homeless people to rebuild their lives and regain lost self-esteem by providing them with a safe place to call home and meaningful work in one of our social enterprises. We understand that a home is more than just a roof over your head; it’s somewhere to belong, where you feel part of a community, and that’s what Emmaus offers.
About the role
The Regional Communications Officer role is an exciting, varied position working with Emmaus communities in the south and South East of the UK to increase their regional profile.
You will work closely with our communities to identify their communications needs and find creative ways to meet them. As part of a wider team, you will also share ideas with your colleagues and draw on one another’s experiences to maximise PR and communications opportunities.
The role is flexible so we are open to applications between 22.5 and 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday). You could be based at home or in your nearest Emmaus community, and frequent travel to communities in the region will be required (around one community each week dependent on requirements). Travel to our team meetings in Birmingham and other locations will be required on occasion.
Who are we looking for?
Your role will be to support Emmaus communities with communications activities that help them to achieve their ambitions. You will have strong skills in communications, public relations and marketing with at least two years’ experience of working in a busy communications role. Although not essential, knowledge and understanding of the charity sector would also be an advantage, and creativity and passion are a must.
If you have great communication skills, plenty of creative ideas, a positive “can do” attitude and a passion for what you do, we want to hear from you.
What we offer
- Starting salary - £26,058 to £28,276 per annum dependent on skills and experience (pro rata for part time)
- Working hours – 3 to 5 days (22.5 – 37.5 hours) per week Monday - Friday
- Flexible working – Options available, subject to the requirements of the role
- Annual leave – 25 days per annum plus eight bank holidays (pro rata for part time) and discretional shutdown between Christmas and New Year
- Pension – Stakeholder pension with an employer contribution of 5%
- Life assurance – a death in service lump sum of 3 x salary
- Training & development – Individually tailored induction, training and development
- Employee assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available
To apply for this role, please complete our application form and equal opportunities monitoring form and email us by 9am on Monday 18 July. CVs will not be accepted.
Interviews will be held w/c Monday 25 July.
Please complete our application form and equal opportunities monitoring form email us by 9am on Monday 18 July. CVs will not be accepted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.