Empowr-U CIC are looking for a Development Director to enable us to Engage, Inspire and Empower children, young people and their communities through our life changing work. The person will help us increase the impact, scale and sustainability of our work, working directly with the CEO in this exciting new role.
The Development Director will take overall responsibility for income generation, working with the CEO to devise a strategy for long term success. The role reports directly to the CEO, and is responsible to raise funds for Empowr-U and partner organisation Energise Ltd. The role function will be to work with the CEO to develop a strategy, alongside programmes and initiatives generate new business, effectively generating leads and developing income opportunities, before passing the secured new business to the Programmes/Operational Director for them to develop an established relationship.
The role will start at £20,000 per annum, rising after a six month probationary period is confirmed, and after a year in post consideration will be made in adding the candidate to the board of directors, alongside other benefits.
We will consider part time or job share options. Please specify in your application.
- Setting a positive example at all times and in all scenarios.
- Able to manage the balance of being Strategic ‘Do-er’, applying strategic thinking to operational work.
- Having an entrepreneurial flair, and an ability to finds gaps, ideas and advantages in a competitive marketplace.
- A growth mindset, that includes confidence, determination, resilience and the communication skills that come alongside this.
- A passion for self development and empowering others.
- Flexibility in working hours or time, and an attitude to ‘get the job done’.
- Able and keen on delivering activity.
- Able to manage a small team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To develop an ambitious funding strategy.
- Develop and engage a fundraising team of volunteers and staff that can contribute.
- Develop a funding income stream.
- Confirm substantial sponsorship with an appropriate organisation.
- Developing Corporate Partnerships that support our programmes.
- Write funding bids for ourselves and third party organisations.
- Broaden streams of fundraising income to reduce the reliance on grant funding.
- Develop a sales strategy, that enables all team members to sell and promote the organisation effectively.
- Develop effective sales systems that promote sales and funding pipelines.
- Develop new leads through networking, prospecting and cold calling.
- Sell programmes and products to other organisations.
- Initiate new ideas of raising income and developing new streams.
- Work with the Operations Director to improve and design future service provision/products.
- Develop new partnerships that help create leverage for Empowr-U
Marketing and Branding
- Develop a Marketing and Branding Strategy, with guidelines for staff.
- Create a strong brand around the positive work that we deliver.
- Develop content that captivates audiences, and engages people into the work that we deliver
- Maintain an up to date, engaging and insightful Social Media for our followers
- Develop strong IT Systems and CRM’s.
- Design, or work with website/graphic designers to add to our brand.
- Deliver weekly progress reports and formal monthly board reports.
- Regular communication with the Managing Director and Operations Director over new business.
- Working with board members to continually develop strategic plans.
- Maintain a strong rapport with prospective, new and existing customers.
- Design and implement Service Level Agreements with all of our partners and cliental.
- Uphold a strong personal brand, acting with proffessionalism, courtesy and integrity.
- Design and deliver Documents, Presentations, Pitches and other preparation materials.