Do you want to work for an organisation whose aim is to enrich lives and strengthen communities through leisure and culture? Do you want to use your organisation, planning and communication skills to play a vital role in providing a great service to the local community? If so, Enable Leisure and Culture is recruiting for an Executive Assistant to support our Executive team.
Enable Leisure and Culture provides leisure and cultural services for the benefit of local communities, and as an organisation, we are committed to ‘doing things differently’, putting health, wellbeing and community at the centre of everything we do. We believe everyone can live a healthier, happier life through leisure and cultural activities. We are passionate about what we do and have the experience and knowledge, to deliver innovative leisure and cultural services. Come join us!
This is an exciting role, where you will manage and prioritise all diary planning for the Executive team to ensure key internal and external meeting commitments are fulfilled. You will be juggling different tasks as the same time, from co-ordination papers, presentations, and circulation for Senior Management meetings to liaising with clients and stakeholders or managing specific projects. You will be supporting wider Senior Management and HR Team when required with recruitment, organising training and induction planning.
Why should you join Enable Leisure and Culture?
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Free Gym membership
- On-site shower facilities* certain places
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly fruit basket
- Staff Treats
- Weekly Wellbeing Hour
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Applications will close one minute before midnight on 17th of February 2021. Interview(s) are planned for w/c 1st March 2021.
Diversity is valued at Enable Leisure and Culture and is important in the work that we do. Applications from all sections of the community are welcome and will be considered on merit. Should you have a disability and require any additional support or if you have any questions regarding the above role, please contact us at.
Due to Covid-19 and until further notice, we are currently operating digital recruitment and on-boarding processes. The role is full time and based primarily in the Parks Office in Battersea Park. During the pandemic, this role will be based mainly from home with the option to come to the office a few days a week.
Executive Assistant Job description
Hours: 40h per week
Location: Head Office based (post COVID) but with flexibility to work from home.
We are currently looking for an Executive Assistant (EA) to be the supportive force that empowers our senior leadership. The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. He / she will have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties and providing support to the Executive. Given the changing nature of the executive landscape, we rely on our assistants for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidences related to high-level systems and operations. In addition, the successful candidate will manage specific ad hoc administrative projects as directed by the Executive team (currently made up of the Managing Director (MD) and Finance Director (FD)) that improve the efficiency and effectiveness within the business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and prioritise all diary planning for the Executive team to ensure key internal and external meeting commitments are fulfilled and sufficient time is allocated to strategic planning, line management and meeting preparation.
- Responsible for managing and reconciling cash and credit card expenses for the MD.
- Manage written and email correspondence on behalf of MD (and FD as appropriate) ensuring timely response to issues and the drafting of replies, redirecting, and acting as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate papers, presentations, and circulation for Senior Management meetings. Attending and taking well documented minutes to act as a record of the meeting (as required).
- Manage pre- and post-meeting planning, ensuring all relevant paperwork and briefing notes are in place and that related actions are undertaken within specified deadlines.
- Prepare adhoc meeting agendas, perform research for meetings, and take minutes during meetings.
- Maintain office correspondence, including calls and emails.
- Communicate with Board Members, schedule Board Meetings, and arrange meeting agendas.
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders as required.
- Maintain electronic filing system, ensuring processes and software are up to date and in working order.
- Manage specific projects and follow-up with team members where required.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with other relevant departments, including Business Development, HR and Finance
- Liaise with other staff members on behalf of the Executive team.
- Support wider Senior Management Team with co-ordination related tasks on an adhoc basis.
- Support HR when required with recruitment, organising training and induction planning.
- Prepare and deliver monthly reports.
- Organising in house events and business projects (Christmas Party's, Staff Birthdays)
- You will have strong experience gain from working as Executive/Personal Assistant ideally with experience working with a CEO / MD performing tasks such as diary management.
- Proven ability to deliver core EA activities to the highest standard and accuracy.
- Ability to juggle a busy and forever changing workload.
- Able to adapt to manage the various stakeholders.
- Ability to be 2 steps ahead at all times; planning, scheduling and foreseeing clashes.
- Calm and efficient
- Able to work at pace and under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong emphasis on business communication
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Must be flexible and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
This Job Description is not contractual and is liable to change over time.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.