Enable Leisure and Culture is recruiting for a Parks Fundraising Officer to support our Fundraising Team.
Closing date: 15th of November
Interviews: Provisionally the 24th and 25th of November
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and collaborative fundraiser looking to expand into innovative income generation. You will be a key member of the Fundraising Team making lasting improvements to a wide range of greenspaces (from national flagship sites to pocket parks) and developing environmental and sustainable projects. You will be responsible for securing funding from various sources and keeping up to date with new innovative funding opportunities in the parks and land management sector. You will assist with monitoring project delivery, building relationships with funders and ensuring the general public are aware of the progress of our projects. We are looking for a team player who has a strong self-motivation and the ability to work on personal initiative to join a new and growing team.
The role is full time and based primarily in the Parks Office in Battersea Park. During Covid-19 pandemic, this role will be based mainly from home with the option to come to the office few days a week.
Why should you join Enable Leisure and Culture?
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Flexible Working
- Pension Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Free Gym membership
- On-site shower facilities* certain places
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weekly fruit basket
- Staff Treats
- Weekly Wellbeing Hour
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Diversity is valued at Enable Leisure and Culture and is important in the work that we do. Applications from all sections of the community are welcome and will be considered on merit. Should you have a disability and require any additional support or if you have any questions regarding the above role, please contact us via our website.
Due to Covid-19 and until further notice, we are currently operating digital recruitment and on-boarding processes.
- Accountable for the development of parks and green space projects by researching future prospects and securing funding from (but not limited to) trusts and foundations, corporates and statutory sources, in line with Parks Management strategies, plans and priorities.
- Responsible for the development and execution of funding applications, including responsibility for identifying funding streams, preparing and submitting high quality bids, reporting and monitoring procedures, and evaluation and project completion documents. This will include working with partners in the community to maximise possible funding opportunities.
- Responsible for monitoring project expenditure and providing accurate financial returns as required by funding bodies and advising/supporting partners in submitting their returns. Ensuring that Enable Leisure and Culture fully complies with requirements and criteria of relevant external funding organisations supporting our schemes.
- Work with the Parks Development team, assisting where necessary with the procurement of works, goods and services of funded projects. To ensure that funded projects are implemented on time and within budget including any necessary ongoing liaison with colleagues and community groups.
- Be the key fundraising point of contact for Enable Parks teams in establishing and maintaining good communications/relationships with the principal funding bodies in the UK and Europe to further the wider interests of Enable and to identify funding opportunities.
- Work with the Parks Engagement Officer to represent Enable on funding matters at community group meetings, and to attend funders’ meetings, conferences and workshops. Some of which may be out of hours and on weekends.
- To develop community consultations for funded projects in partnership with the Parks Participation and Communications Officer and keep them up to date with key dates/information to promote over our social media and mailing lists channels.
- Working with Enable’s Finance team to ensure all external Funding processes and procedures are carried out correctly. Maintain an understanding of legal obligations and VAT liabilities on all types of grants, fundraising and sponsorship and providing reports to managers on the same, as required.
- To work with the Head of Fundraising and Innovation to develop and grow a fundraising strategy and innovative/creative fundraising practice. Including carrying out any other duties commensurate with the role.
Your Knowledge & Expertise
- Relevant experience in the fundraising and non-profit sector.
- Experience of securing funds for capital and revenue projects and working to targets and tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build working and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of partners, and funding bodies.
- Proven ability of efficient writing, numeracy and verbal skills including preparation of fundraising applications, supporting materials, evaluation reports and presentations.
- A sound knowledge of fundraising, including grant making bodies, trusts and foundations and local authority streams.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation methods including interpreting data to be used in report writing to funders.
- Managing budgets and ensuring comprehensive and accurate records are kept of all funding initiatives, project support, future prospects and contacts.
- The ability to work independently using your own initiative and prioritise effectively whilst at the same time working as part of a team on common goals and shared projects to ensure the work programme is delivered effectively.
- Excellent proficiency in MS applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Be able to travel regionally as work requires and able to work occasional additional early morning, evening and weekend hours.
- Experience of working in environmental, outdoor, parks, play, or landscape management organisations
- Have experience in corporate partnerships and sponsorship
- Understanding and knowledge of a fundraising database
- Knowledge of the public and local authority sector
- Knowledge and understanding of GDPR
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.