Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
ENABLE Scotland is a dynamic and vibrant organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and we have an exciting opportunity within our Children's Services for a dynamic and motivated Children's Services Manager.
You must have the passion and drive to take a lead role in continuing to improve the quality of the services we provide to the children and young people we support and to effectively lead and support Team Facilitators to manage our frontline support staff.
This role is pivotal to the success of our mission and ambition to support people with a learning disability to lead the lives of their choosing; lives that are full, meaningful and inclusive. A successful Children's Services Manager will lead their teams to develop and maintain good relationships and communications with the family and Social Care professionals involved in the lives of the children and young people we support.
Sound good so far?
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Significant experience of leading and managing Children's Services, working closely with family members and multi-agency colleagues.
* Knowledge and experience of managing different models of Children's Services including individual support, afterschool care and holiday programmes.
* Experience of managing teams and knowledge of culture change.
* A commitment to the inclusion of children and young people with a learning disability.
* An in-depth understanding and working knowledge of the GIRFEC approach, SHANARRI indicators and Child Protection legislation and practice.
* Have attained the qualifications necessary to register as a Manager of Day Care for Children with SSSC
* A clear understanding of the need to build and sustain partnerships with stakeholders, commissioners and other third sector providers.
* The ability to lead our business strategy at a local level whilst promoting ENABLE Scotland with an emphasis on growing our business.
* Full driving licence with access to your own vehicle for business use.
***1st interviews will be held on Thursday 22nd August with 2nd interviews if successful will be held on Thursday 29th August****
What's also great about ENABLE Scotland is that we believe in developing all our staff and provide an extensive training programme, combined with a commitment to create career development opportunities.
Remember this is #morethanajob - it's the first step to you making a difference and continuing your career with an award winning charity with its values at its core