Endeavour is on a journey of development under our new CEO and is looking for a senior finance person with wider business skills to join the senior leadership team and aid in the growth of this exciting Youth Charity. Seeking a fully or part qualified professional who demonstrates extensive financial expertise & business acumen and experience in a leadership role. We are looking for the right person as well as the right skills and experience and hope that this person is someone who can grow and develop with the role as the organisation rebuilds for the future.
To provide financial management of Endeavour’s resources, and ensure all financial legislative requirements are met.
To be an active member of the Senior Management team with responsibility for driving forward the strategic and operational performance of the organisation.
- To develop & maintain Endeavour’s financial management and accounting systems in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
- To oversee the smooth running of daily financial processing, including invoicing, banking and payroll
- To prepare annual accounts and the associated documentation according to Charity and Company law for Endeavour and its trading subsidiary, and liaise with external auditors.
- To ensure the CEO and Board are aware of current legislation and best practice, particularly relating to Charity and SORP regulations.
- To report to the Board regularly on the financial performance of the organisation and to attend the Board of Trustees meetings.
- The forecasting and modelling of short, medium and long term resources, risks and opportunities.
- To complete and submit all appropriate financial returns (e.g. HMRC, Charities Commission, Companies House etc.) as and when required.
- To be responsible for the production of management accounts, cash flows and financial reports, including those requested by funding bodies.
- To manage the day-to-day activities and ongoing development of the Finance Officer.
- To prepare the financial elements of funding bids, and contribute to other elements as appropriate including reporitng and evidencing of spend.
- To ensure Endeavour maximises its income by promoting Giftaid, and applying Charity VAT reliefs where appropriate.
- To increase financial awareness within the organisation and develop financial and budgeting skills of colleagues.
- To work closely with other members of the senior management team to ensure all activities are aligned with Endeavour’s organisational goals and mission.
- To act as Company Secretary and ensure all legislative requirements of Companies House and the Charity Commission are adhered to.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as appropriately required.
- Adhere to protocols for safe working, data protection and confidentiality requirements.
- Take an active part in the runing and development of the organisation as part of the Senior Managemnt Team
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the function commensurate with the level of responsibilities of the post
Qualifications and Experience:
- The ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure, prioritising workload to achieve deadlines
- Knowledge of financial processes and procedures, including budgeting, cash flows and production of management accounts
- Knowledge of Charity financial reporting requirements and legislation, including SORP requirements, Giftaid and charity VAT reliefs
- Experience of producing Annual Accounts and returns for Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Experience of payroll processing, including auto-enrolment pensions
- Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA), industry with ideally some charity experience,
- Senior management and leadership experience, ideally a minimum of three years
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Understanding and management of risks and issues
- Development of robust strategic development plans
- Empathy with the needs of young people and, ideally, experience of working in or with the voluntary sector
- Experience of promoting equality of opportunity in the workplace
- Clean driving licence
- Strong financial planning, forecasting and modelling skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a broad range of stakeholders including auditors and Board members
- Being able to envision a strategic overview beyond financial considerations
- Ability to determine priorities and targets and how to achieve them
- Resilience, tenacity and strong influencing skills
- Excellent collaborative worker
- Self-starter, able to work alone
- Confident user of Excel, Word and accounting and banking software
- Understanding of the needs and working practices of differing organisations
- A flexible approach to work including willingness to take on tasks outside the normal remit
- A positive “can do” attitude
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.