Business Development and Partnerships Manager
Salary £35k - £37k depending on experience.
Hours: Full time (although Part time/ flexible hours will be considered)
Contract: (This is a new role 1-year fixed term contract with the possibility of renewal).
Base: Flexible /Home based with some travel required, therefore a full clean driving licence and use of car is highly desirable.
Purpose: The Business Development and Partnerships Manager is a key commercial role, essential to the future success and sustainability of Engaging Communities Solutions CIC.
As the successful candidate you will take the lead in identifying new business opportunities, in line with our strategy to ensure people are at the centre of the services they receive, and their voices are heard. You will develop proposals, pitch, and win business. You will co-ordinate the delivery of projects for clients, working closely with the rest of our teams. The Business Development and Partnership Manager will demonstrate: • experience of winning and managing new business. • a confident but sensitive selling style, with experience in following up on prospects and identifying new business leads to expand the business. • a positive, can-do attitude. • strong presentation and written skills, including bid writing skills. • experience in the health and social care sector and an understanding of Healthwatch and Advocacy services (desirable not essential).
RESPONSIBILTIIES AND DUTIES:
1. To support the Managing Director in the development and implementation of the new business strategy, understanding the mission and vision of ECS and how new business aligns with both this and the core Healthwatch contracts which ECS delivers.
2. Be innovative in the approach to new business looking for new leads and ways to expand the business beyond the current portfolio and diversifying income streams. You will be responsible for building a strong pipeline consisting of new contracts and upselling on existing contracts, helping to secure recurring revenues in 2021/22 and beyond.
3. Creatively look at how we develop our offer and USP, ‘package’ our portfolio successfully for new business and sell into prospective clients.
4. Build and maintain excellent relationships with potential and existing clients, be the first point of contact for incoming prospects.
5. Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with our team and Board to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
6. Explore the full range of funding opportunities, relevant databases and portals, criteria for applications etc. to identify opportunities and lead the bid writing/proposals/pitches for these opportunities.
7. Develop a provider framework and develop new business opportunities and build relationships through the existing Healthwatch and Advocacy networks.
8. Encourage staff, Healthwatch Advisory Board Members, and volunteer teams to look out for new business opportunities and coordinate and follow up on any leads.
9.Prepare and monitor project budgets to ensure that we remain on track to deliver projects within budget.
10. Lead on the renewal of existing contracts we currently hold, managing a continual contract renewal framework, drafting tender submissions, liaising with commissioners, managing the market engagement process, and supporting the local service managers. You will work with the local service team managers to build a compelling narrative around our service delivery model so that we can successfully articulate the business case to buyers and renew contracts. As part of this, you will need to develop a thorough understanding of the competitor landscape and find creative ways to show how ECS services are differentiated and the value we create.
11. Support the development of bids and lead on compliance with governance procedures and decision making in the local Healthwatch Advisory Boards. GENERAL DUTIES • Abide by organisational policy, codes of conduct and practices. • To enact the values of ECS. • To take responsibility for personal learning and development. • Carry out other such duties as may be required by the Managing Director which are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
Closing Date for Applications: 12th August 2021.
Interviews: Week Commencing 23rd August 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.