About the role
The Senior Product Development Manager will report to the Head of The Big Bang be responsible for developing, managing and implementing the strategic direction of several EngineeringUK products/projects, currently Big Bang Competition and Tomorrow’s Engineers but with potential for this remit to change/expand as EngineeringUK programmes develop. This will involve working collaboratively across teams within EngineeringUK and externally with the wider engineering, STEM and education communities. The role may oversee the work of others on the programmes as additional resourcing is required.
The role holder will ensure that we are delivering against KPI’s for the Big Bang Competition as we look to engage with a greater diversity of schools across the programme which meet the EngineeringUK EDI criteria, while ensuring we are working to understand how we can build and improve the experience of the Big Bang Competition for all project entrants. The role holder will also be required to ensure we are inspiring Tomorrows Engineers through the management and strategic oversight of our Inspiring Tomorrow’s Engineers information and resource hub, which is used by the STEM community as a source of guidance and best practice
- Develop, manage and implement the strategic direction of products/projects working collaboratively with teams across EngineeringUK
- Develop and manage products/projects with a focus on continuous improvement based on evidence to grow reach to and impact on young people from groups that are under-represented in engineering
- Work closely with colleagues across EngineeringUK including:
- the research team on developing and implementing evaluation plans for the products/projects
- the communications team to develop clear marcomms plans
- the Business & Industry team, to identify and pursue new funding opportunities and support the management of existing relationships
- the Neon team, to promote engagement products and identify linkages
- the Engagement Projects team to ensure learnings are shared and opportunities to align operationally and strategically are identified and developed
- Drive forward the successful implementation of products/projects on time and to budget, identifying and mitigating potential risks, measuring and monitoring performance against deliverables, reporting as required
- Bring together and work with internal and external stakeholders, including managing the relationship (and contracts) with partners including those who support in the delivery of product/projects and those who fund it
- Build trusting and fruitful relationships with the relevant partners and representing EngineeringUK at external meetings
- Oversee and manage the work of other individuals if additional resource is required on the programmes
- Carry out other tasks or duties as directed and required
- Work in line with EngineeringUK’s values, to be passionate, courageous, insightful and inclusive
- Work in line with EngineeringUK’s Quality Management System and data protection and safeguarding policies at all times.
- Proven experience of developing programmes at a strategic level as well as operational delivery
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work within a matrix management approach
- Proven programme management experience, with ability to measure and monitor performance against deliverables
- Confident communicator
- Good analytical skills
- Passionate, resilient, and resourceful.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively whilst working under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring that high levels of quality are achieved within deadlines and to budget.
- Experience of managing external partners, including contract management skills
- Ability to work independently and flexibly within a rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills sets as required
- A good understanding of the education system, STEM enrichment/outreach and careers advice.
- An understanding of the evidence base for STEM inspiration activities and how to evaluate their impact
Education / level of experience
·2+ years proven experience within a similar role
Applying for this role
Please send a CV and cover letter in support of your application that is no longer than two sides explaining how you fulfill the key criteria for the role. Please also tell us where you saw the job advertised in your email as we are currently tracking our applications.
The deadline for applications is before 12:00 noon on 12th November.
Applications will be assessed against the requirements for the post as set out in the Role Profile and Person Specification.
EngineeringUK are working hard to be a disability confident employer. Please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make for you during this recruitment process and beyond.
We aim to notify candidates who have been shortlisted on 17th November. If you have not heard from us after this date, please assume that you have not been successful.
First interviews will be held virtually between 23rd & 25th November
EngineeringUK is an inclusive organisation; we welcome everyone with all skills, experiences, and backgrounds.
Each applicant will be individually assessed regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, ethnicity, colour, or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are open to flexible working, including job share.
Benefits / Perks
- 28 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays and 3 days at Christmas)
- Competitive pension
- Access to office gym with employee discount
- Yearly flu jabs
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
Please send a CV and cover letter in support of your application that is no longer than two sides explaining how you fulfill the key criteria for the role.
Please also tell us where you saw the job advertised in your email as we are currently tracking our applications.