England Lacrosse are seeking to appoint a Chair to our new Inclusion Advisory Group to help promote equality, diversity & inclusion within the organisation and with a volunteer network that has varying responsibilities, liabilities, and capacity.
Applicants for the position of Chair of the IAG should meet the following personal specifications.
- A working knowledge of the key legislation relating to equality, diversity & inclusion.
- A passion to promote equality, diversity & inclusion as part of a group.
- Effective and confident communication.
- Providing leadership for and working as part of a team.
- Working in a professional manner as a representative of EL.
- The ability to relate to the lacrosse community at all levels in the game.
- Experience of working in the promotion and education of equality, diversity & inclusion.
- Experience of working on discrimination cases and advising bodies on good practice, support, and disciplinary action.
- Helping promote equality, diversity & inclusion in a national governing body setting and with a volunteer network that has varying responsibilities, liabilities, and capacity.
- Identifying key issues and trends that may help to promote the game through relevant interventions.
- Applying all the relevant EL policies and processes to all considerations and decisions.
- Advising, supporting, and reviewing discrimination cases and investigations.
- Relating the legal and ethical issues to cases, complaints, and individuals from a volunteer in sport perspective.
- Supporting the development of any promotion and education of equality, diversity & inclusion.
- Advising bodies on good practice, support and governance in inclusion and diversity.
- Networking with key staff and contacts within EL and its communities.
- Handling confidential information sensitively.
Duties and Obligations
Responsibilities of the Chair:
- Providing leadership to the IAG.
- Ensuring the IAG builds and maintains links with all the EL governance structure.
- Chairing the IAG meetings and ensuring any working groups are effective in their areas leading change, improvements & decision making in a way which ensures decisions are balanced and representative of the whole of EL.
- Guiding and supporting the rest of the IAG in undertaking its duties and responsibilities.
- Representing and championing EL on equity, diversity and inclusion matters as necessary.
Responsibilities of the IAG:
The main objectives of the Group are:
- To promote equality, diversity & inclusion throughout all lacrosse activity in England.
- To set clear standards and provide a mechanism to ensure that these standards are met.
- To provide support to the development of improved policy, procedures, and standards at all levels of the game.
- To recommend actions and improvements for adoption by the sport.
More specifically the group will:
- Advise EL (and its governance structures) on policy, education, and campaigns for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Deliberate on cases relating to discrimination and breaches of standards relating to diversity, equality, and inclusion coordinating with the EL disciplinary procedures as required.