Chair of Trustees
Unremunerated - Hampshire
We are working in partnership with the leading UK disability charity, Enham Trust who have been supporting disabled people for 100 years. The work they do across the housing, care and employment sectors, enables over 6000 disabled people a year to live, work and enjoy life.
Following the retirement of the current Chair at the end of his 9 year term, the charity is now looking to appoint a new Chair of Trustees to provide leadership and direction to the Board, enabling trustees to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the Trust.
Enham is entering an exciting new chapter of its work with the launch of its new strategy, which you will help to shape and mould over the coming years. You will be joining the board at the start of this journey and will be part of the charity’s 100th anniversary celebrations next year.
The values that underpin the organisation are:
- to work together to do amazing things
- to dare to be different
- to wow people everyday
As Chair of Trustees for Enham Trust you will work in partnership with their leaders to define and steer the governance and strategy of the charity and be able to provide support and challenge in equal measure.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Significant leadership experience, prererably of both executive and non-executive teams in complex organisations with a focus on robust governance
- Experience of being a brand ambassador, with the drive and insight to both protect and promote the Trust’s brand
- A commercial approach with experience of developing strategy in a dynamic environment with a strong focus on impact
- Ability and drive to support and enhance the fundraising efforts of the Trust.
Face to face board meetings are held on a Monday evening ten times year in North West Hampshire.
This unremunerated role is open to all who meet the essential criteria.
To apply for this exceptional opportunity, please send your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment or for more information, please call.
Closing date for applications: 17 September 2020
Interview date: End of September / early October