Ensemble Pour la Différence is an innovative and developing charity that works to improve livelihoods and wellbeing in Eastern Congo by helping to build the capacity and impact of social businesses in the Kivu region.
By 2024, Ensemble plans to establish their Bukavu office as a financially-independent, successful and highly effective organisation that helps local entrepreneurs to develop businesses that have a significant positive impact on society.
Today, Ensemble's offices in Bukavu and London (and networks of partners in Europe) offer social businesses in the region the financial, technological and consultative support needed to help bring their brilliant ideas and energy to life.
Despite the political and economic challenges, in a short time Ensemble has had a significant and meaningful impact across agriculture, energy, digital technology and healthcare.
Initially funded by private philanthropy, Ensemble has developed exciting partnerships with multinational corporations, funded relationships with trust and foundations, and built a network of individuals passionate about supporting entrepreneurship and innovation in Central Africa.
Ensemble are looking for a Head of Development to:
- Establish a giving circle or small community of high value donors amongst "non-traditional" philanthropists from contacts in London, Stockholm and New York with the capacity to contribute in excess of $40,000 annually
- Develop tailored donor journeys and engagement opportunities for existing high value donors to maximise partnerships secured in 2019
- Support the development of a 200-head sponsored gala event in Stockholm, to take place in September 2020
- Further develop their excellent impact reports and cases for support together with their team in Bukavu, reflecting plans to transfer all expertise and staffing capacity to Bukavu by 2024.
The role would best suit:
- An experienced fundraiser with an excellent grounding in the mechanics of major donor fundraising, able to articulate precisely how they have built high value major donor partnerships and how they would apply that expertise to Ensemble
- Someone able to find and engage audiences interested in "Tech for Good", mobile/digital connectivity sectors, and investment and finance communities with an interest in DRC, entrepreneurship, and innovation
- A personable, passionate and enthusiastic personality, able to work well in a small but fast-paced organisation.
To apply for this role, please click Apply with Charityjob to submit your CV to Martin Bartlett at QuarterFive Fundraising Recruitment. If your experience is a good fit, we will send you a job description and arrange a briefing call or meeting that will provide you with all the information required to formally apply. QuarterFive aims to proactively support your job search, so we may also consider your details for other job vacancies to enable us to find a position that is most suitable for you.